Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:33 PM   #1

I am also the new owner of a Kodak DX 7590!! I recieved it on the 21st. I'm enjoying it so far, altho there is one very large learning curve. Have been out of photogrraphy for a long time, so it's almost new to me again.

Question: Which filters should I be looking at? They will be my next investment. I bought a 512 Meg SD card with the camera, so storage won't be a concern, at least for awhile.

And of course, any other advice to this newbie will be greatly appreciated.
pweegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:57 PM   #2

Congrats on the 7590 its a great camera and I'm still learning about it myself,. as far as filters are concerned I think everyone will agree when I say you might wanna buy a polarizing filter to tone down thos wild reflections we seem to get at times plus it does have other advantages as well' bluer skies etc my next filter is a star point filter which gives the effect of beams coming from the light source 4 point right up to 16 point if I am right on this but the polarizing filter in my opinion is a must...Enjoy your new camera:|
PS. Oh and don't forget a tripod, thats a must as well. I bought mine at wally-world for like 18 bux and it does the job nicely for me
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 7:59 PM   #3

Welcome...My first recomendation is to go to Kodaks web site and get the firmware update for the 7590, its well worth it.Print out the directions and follow them closely.Next you will need an adapter for any lenses. Many people prefer the Kodak one but I'm happy with mine from ebay.On ebay you will find 2 different size adapters ..52 and 55mm. Kodaks lenses are 55mm and some say that produces less vignetting than the 52. After thatI'm sure you will find more things to buy than you can afford:lol:.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 9:40 PM   #4

Hi pweegar, welcome to the forums.

Once you get your lens adapter, purchase a UV filter and leave it on for any shots you do without the polarizer. It is relatively cheap to replace a cracked or scratched UV filter than to fix that expensive Kodak lens. It has saved my cam lens more than once. it is cheap insurance.

I agree with dan279, go with the 55 mm. I have the Kodak and ebay lens adapters, they are both 55 mm and I get less vignetting with the ebay version, believe it or not. Oh and yes, dan is right, buying those filters is just the tip of the iceberg my friend...get yourself a second or maybe third job, LOL.

Enjoy the 7590.

Regards

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 1:30 AM   #5

I join Bob, Dan and Wagaboo in saying welcome to the forums. My advice is to go to the top of the Forum page to the search box and type in not only 7590 but also 6490 and hit search. Be sure it is at the main Kodak page so you can check the, search in this forum only check box. The 6490 and the 7590 have many of the same characteristics so you need to read all the ones on the 6490 also. I DAWGone Garonetee that if you have a problem or question, the fine folks in this forum will be glad to give a quick and curtious response. Just watch out for that Dawg guy though!! UH, wait a minute now THATS ME!!

See you around pweegar!

The DAWG
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 2:30 PM   #6

Thanks to all for the advise!! Sounds like filters and an adapter are in the future!!!

So far I've enjoyed using my new DC! (What little time I've had). Really need to get out and do some exploring before it gets too hot (I live in Phoenix, AZ).

pweegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 4:17 AM   #7

Arizona summer!! Makes me sweat just thinking about it. And I don't care what the humidity is. Hot is Hot! Just remember there are good pics no matter the weather or place. ketch ya later.

The sweat Dawg.

Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote