Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 26, 2005, 11:06 PM   #11

And oh yeah ColdSnail here's a pic of the bike I found. It was taken Late 80's early 90's of my grandson playing hell's angel. Pardon the hippo hands but I rode it all year round, rain or shine, sleet or snow. The last two as little as possible.

The Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 4:02 AM   #12

I remember the Magna, someone around here had an imported one and I got tricked into replacing the camshafts on it. (I was told it would be a quick job.)
I'm like you now, wishing that I still had a bike around for fun, but after working as a despatch rider for three years in all weathers, it kills the enthusiam for riding for fun.

Nice to see a face to the Dawg as well, I'm afraid if I uploaded a picture of myself, your moniter is in serious danger of cracking.

No need for editing, I used a spel chucker toady.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 11:32 AM   #13

Thanks ColdSnail. The magna could be a b$%ch to work on. At the honda mechanic school in atlanta we had to tear one down and put it back together, every nut, bolt and part. I especialy disliked the carbs. They were shoehorned so tight, one person had a hard time getting them mounted. As for the joy of riding, I started in 1957 and stopped in 1997-98. Never lost the joy but can see where if it were a job that might change. I lost the fun of working on them after it became a job. Oh yeah. You might want a new spell checker! The one you're using isn't working so well. Either that or hold off on the Black Jack untill after the post. LOL

Ed
Old Mar 27, 2005, 11:41 PM   #14

Hey Dan. I like seeing water that is frozen. The only time we have it around here It's usualy coatin the road, or in the ice tray.

Dawg
Old Mar 28, 2005, 4:01 PM   #15

Nice pictures Bigdawg. Glad to see you finally got your camera and are making good use of it. The 6490 is a great camera and i hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I do out of mine. I enjoy reading your posts. You have a good sense of humour. Looking forward to seeing more of your pics. Thanks for sharing.

Jak
JakTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:16 AM   #16

Thanks for the attaboys Jak my ego feels at least one size larger after that. I am enjoying the camera A LOT!! I used to be decent with a K1000 Pentax but this is new territory for me. Not really starting over but learning new things and having to refresh my O-L-D and feeble memory. Ive been totally without a camera for too many years. Where I used to be instinctive with the old Tax I'm having to think a lot right now, and the confidence level needs to go up. I second guess myself too much. If and when I can get these cataracts removed it'll probably help. It's hard to do much in manual mode I just can't see good enough. Frustrating. The beer is probably a hindrance too, but it keeps the penguins at bay!

Regards Ed alias The Dawg.

PS Jak the penguins said to keep it up they are enjoying the extra room.

Attached Images

Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:33 AM   #17

Here's a look at my artist studio.

Dawg
Attached Images

Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:40 AM   #18

This is a look at the DAWG Box. It's the BIG one of course.

Dawg
Attached Images

Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:50 AM   #19

This one is for wagaboo and dan. That's the best I can do right now guy's. The snakes are out down here.

Dawg

Attached Images

Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:52 AM   #20

And this one ends it. This is one of the reasons I can keep going. Rachel one of my 2 1/2 year old twin granddaughters.

Dawg's gone

Attached Images