Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:30 PM   #1

Hi all Im very new to digital photography, could someone please explain Bracketing in laymans terms what this is as the manual says pretty much nothing on the subject...many thanks in advance:?:
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2005, 11:22 PM   #2

Wagaboo when I was useing my old SLR, It was all manual settings and you didn't have a review button to see what you had just shot, so you would take what you thought was the best shot. Then you would shoot another with the film speed or the F-Stop or both turned up one notch then down one notch bracketing the supposed good shot. That way, since film processing took so long, you would have a better chance of getting a good shot the first time. Had to do it that way cause as you know, you don't get a second chance sometimes. If I thought it was a really good one, I'd sometimes bracket 2 or three notches up and down. Hope that helps cause Right now I couldn't help much with these digicams. I don't think bracketing a shot is as relevant for them as with the old SLR film ones

The Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 11:49 PM   #3

Wag' throws Da Dawg a big ol' Rawhide bone and says Tanks buddy,,,This time I threw it away from you ok...lol
Old Mar 26, 2005, 12:26 AM   #4

Yeah, but ya hit the wife. Next time please detach the cow from the rawhide. My insurance can't take much more of this man. Seriously, there is a way to bracket your shots by using manual mode, but I use auto for right now so I wouldn't be of much help. And the wife says to quit hanging around with bone throwing hoodlums, but you know me I usually do the opposite of what she says.That's why I got all the knots on my head. A disobediant husband is ALWAYS a knot head. If you don't believe me ask a husband that has disobeyed his wife. He's either a sore head or a knot head, according to the severity and proximity of his disobedience.
Knot headed DAWG
P.S. Wife said to growl hello THEN BITE!!!
Attached Images

Old Mar 26, 2005, 12:51 AM   #5

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha yer too funny my friend, was just outside trying to capture the full moon to try n' learn a bit more about this cam...TTYL :lol:
Old Mar 26, 2005, 3:23 AM   #6

I guess we'll see you later gator baiter. Just don't let the hoot owls molest ya while yer shootin the moon.

Dawg

Attached Images

Old Mar 26, 2005, 8:54 AM   #7

Shootin' the moon? I did that last night (it was a full moon in case you missed it), and I used the same "Braket" technique as you did with the old K1000 to get it right. The first few shots were too bright, so I worked down and finally got this with my DX6490:

Attached Images

digitalquirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 11:05 AM   #8

Outstanding shot. What settings did you use? I'm getting a 7590 in few weeks and am using a 6490 now.

Terry
tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 11:06 AM   #9

Great shot. Glad it worked out for you.

Dawg
Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:32 PM   #10

Got a good shot last night as well...ok Dawg, now ya can Howl
Attached Images