Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 27, 2005, 11:33 AM   #1

for those that don't think the Dx,s can show details look at this.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y84/dawgsworld/?action=view&current=100_0102.jpg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:43 PM   #2
TCB

Lots of noise in that pic....

TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 1:14 PM   #3

Yeah the grandkids were being rambunktious at the time. Two things photobucket takes so long at high pixels( I'm on a sloooow dial up )so I cropped and reduced it A LOT and I didn't use a tripod. Full auto, macro, half optical zoom. And I guess 2 Icehouses didn't help.

The Dawg
Old Mar 27, 2005, 2:25 PM   #4

Went back and checked the original. the detail is there. It is an artificial magnolia blossom, taken in ambient light with no flash or special arrangement. I can zoom in as far as my utility will let me with out losing the detail of the fabric that makes up the blossom. I used full saturation when taking the photo because some have said this wll lose the detail. I don't see it! I think this discussion of the compression loss is an argument of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. For what the camera cost and the ease of use it provides we common place, run of the mill, blue collar, no nothing, photographers will be more than satisfied with the results provided by it.I know I am. The rest should quit complaining or spend the extra bucks for a digital SLR and then count the angels for themselves.

Dog gonit Dawg

The penguins are telling me to chill now.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 2:36 PM   #5

dawg,,when you upload to photobucket you must do a few things or your pics will look like junk.....

(1) resize them to 800x600 pixels..

(2)after resizing in PSE3.0 (or similar program) ,,,make sure the file size to be saved is no more than 250k..

If you don`t do this photobucket will resize it,,,and notdo a great lob with it either,,we learned this early over a year ago...

As for macros,,,set the DC to close-up mode,,,,then keep bringing the camera closer to the subject till it red-lights you on AF,,,,then back off a milimeter or so till it just green-lights you....that is the best way to take macros with this camera,,,,zooming works,,,but not near as well as getting into the subjects face up close and personal at about an inch or 2...

Brian

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 4:51 PM   #6

Duly noted. See that is the real reason I hang around witch'uns. I am learning so-o-o much in such a little time that My poor little dawg brain may explode. B_O_O_O_OMMMMMM!! There it goes. I'll pick up the pieces and get back atcha. But before I go I gotta say Brianhare. You and ColdSnail oughta be teaching digicam courses, Y'all are that good.

The exploding Dawg

Having a h%^ll of a time gettin the penguins herded and back where they belong.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 5:08 PM   #7

I don`t mind teaching someone who has a willingness to learn,,someone who comes out saying the camera is junk and then want help can just go away,,,you never learn with your mouth open and mind shut.....

We have all gone through this learning curve,,and it`s a whole lot more fun when someone can spend the time to help you along that path....glad to help IF,,,,, i can...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2005, 10:29 PM   #8

You can! You have!! And I certainly hope you continue to do so!!!

Many thanks again Brian.

The willing Dawg
Attached Images