Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:35 PM   #1

I'm trying to post some sample pics I took today at the beach using my new DX7590 camera. For some reason, I'm unable to.

Elphman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:07 PM   #2

At the bottom of each post you submit,,,right up and to the left of SEND,,,,,there is a Browse link,,,just click that,,,but before you do resize a pic in your photo-editing software to 800x600 maximum and keep the file size below 250k,,,,,,when you have that done send the pic you resized to your Pictures if in windows,,,,,and when you click Browse here at the bottom just go to your pictures in the pop-up window,,,click on the picture you want and then click send in that window,,,,,,,,after you are done that click send at the bottom of your message you typed and it will be inserted into that message for us to see.....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:20 PM   #3

Do you mean a non Kodak software? Call me dumbfounded, but I unable find the option that will enable me to resize my photos.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 5:52 PM   #4

Yes non-kodak software,,,,,photoshop elements 2 and 3.0,,,,,Jasc Paintshop Pro,,,etc.....

You can also get a resizer through microsoft i hear......but..........let`s face ita digital camera is a worthless piece of junk without a good photo-editing software.....what i mean here is why bother getting a good DC camera if you can`t manipulate,resize the photo at your will,,,if one does not care to do that he might as well have gotten a throw0away film camera......this is the main reason for going digital after all.....you can take thousands of shots for free,,,play with them,,throw them all out,,what ever you like is entirely up to you......but....these toys really shine when you get a good program and learn to play with them......

Some people don`t like to change things in the shot much,,,i was one of them,,,but for years pros have been doing exactly that but in the darkrooms spending hours and tons of money getting the pics the way they like them,,,you can buy a cheap program now,,,and after that it`s free for as long as you use it....

Not trying to preach here,,,,but it is an absolute must getting a good photo-editing program to fully understand and enjoy the art of digital photography.....

PSE.3.0 is a really nice one,,,,and considering all it can do at under 100 bucks,,it`s dirt cheap.....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2005, 7:45 PM   #5

So you recommend getting PSE 3.0? I'll check it out. One thing I noticed with the Kodak software is that the pics came out very rich, snappy (I guess Kodak's trademark) and so for the most part, I'm content with the results. Though I'm sure the other software you recommended is highly recommended. Another thing I noticed was when I viewed my pictures in the windows picture and fax viewer software, the pictures came out more soft. Oh well.

FYI, my canon S400 software actually allows you to resize your pictures; I don't understand why Kodak couldn't do the same.

Thanks for the recommendations. Man, I was really looking forward to uploading my various pictures I took yesterday and today so that I can get some feedbacks. I should point out that 99% of those shots were taken using the P mode; the rest using the scenic mode at the beach.

Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:58 AM   #6

If you're just looking to resize and resample, without any other tools except sharpening (without control), check out Irfanview, http://www.irfanview.com/

It's free for non-commercial use -- or you can choose to send 10 Euro / $US 12.88 to its author.

With Irfranview, you can also change yourfile typefrom JPEG to any of a bunch of image formats... this cross-file functionis the main reason the program was written.

The downside is that Irfanview is not 100% user-friendly. The help file is very basic. But if you run into questions, this forum or almost any focusing (pun intended) on digital cameras will have people with answers.

Dave
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote