Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:49 PM   #1

Hi all, I was out taking pics a while ago and when I zoom in even the smallest amount, I seem to get a grainy picture or noise. Can anyone help with this small problem as I truly enjoy this Camera.
The picture and then the Exif info. Had to do a capture of the exif , don't know any other way sorry.
Attached Images

TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:52 PM   #2

And the Exif and also sorry folks not sure of how to upload multiple pics for the same post and any help is greatly appreciated
Attached Images

Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:03 PM   #3

The lens is full open for the focal length so you are getting all of the shutter speed you can generate with the light you have and the ISO. You are using the best quality ISO and 1/80 second should be fine for that focal length.

Not sure what you mean by zooming in. Using the optical zoom on the camera shouldn't cause graininess or noise. You shouldn't have gotten grain or noise in the picture the EXIF is for. If you get blur zoomed further out it is because you don't have enough shutter speed for a handheld long zoom shot, and that speed will decrease as you zoom out. You should have about 1/400 second at full zoom to get a really sharp shot.

If you are zooming in on the picture on the computer your expectations might be too high. All digital images deteriorate if you magnify them.

If you could put the full sized image online somewhere people could probably understand what your are talking about better.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:07 PM   #4

You changed the post. Dark clouds are usually noisy if you blow them up. You might try the free version of Neat Image to see if that helps. The demo version is considered freeware for non-commercial use and doesn't expire. You could probably get the noise smoothed out without degrading the image.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:25 PM   #5

Thanks alot Slipe , This should give a better idea as to what I mean, Please remember I'm very new to this:?: PS I mean the optical zoom

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...owupload.jpg:-)