Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:58 PM   #1

These cameras are nicely priced. I've been trying to determine which one is better.

I've read that the 7440, though seemingly more attractive, has two problems. First, the batteries aren't very strong... I think. Second, someone here posted that they were having spots appearing in theirphotos.

Please give me some advice here.

Thanks.:?
shutter_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:58 PM   #2

My DX7440 came equipped with the KLIC-5000 1050mAh battery; I bought a second battery, the KLIC-5001 1700mAh, for about $20. I don't keep track but think that the lesser battery is easily good for 200+ shots.

As to spots, save for a couple resulting from using the WA adapter without a lens hood (reflections which will happen with any camera), I've never had any. The reported spotting may be a sample defect or dust spots.

The CX7530 may not accept the telephoto or wide angle adapter lenses, you might want to check before buying if either isimportant

jdm124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:19 PM   #3

jdm124 wrote:
Quote:
The CX7530 may not accept the telephoto or wide angle adapter lenses, you might want to check before buying if either isimportant
Thanks!That's exactly what I just finished doing.And you are right. the CX7530 doesn't accept accesories like the DX7440 does. Iam interested inwide-angle shots.

Now, I wonder how much that hood you mentioned would cost.

Thank you for the great reply!

:|
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:29 PM   #4

Thanks jdm124.

This other thread has good information:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=18

And an adapter and hood are each $15-$20. Cool.

:|
Old Apr 21, 2005, 10:41 PM   #5

The cost of a hood for the WA accessory lens is only secondary, first you have to find one, it turns out that the accessory lens is not made to accept a hood. I think some kind of slip on, generic or otherwise, could be found but have not looked. There is a lens hood available for the camera and I do not believe that it will work at all with the WA.

The glare spot is not an everyday occurance and I've run into it only a few times, not enough to make me go searching for a hood. There must be bright sunlight and the angle of the lens to the sun must be 'right,' as well.

The WA is a nice lens and, contrary to the Kodak literature, works well throughout the camera zoom range. (Not so for the tele which is useful only at full vamera tele.)
jdm124 is offline   Reply With Quote