Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 25, 2005, 7:07 AM   #1

Good morning..I have been a lurker in this wonderful group and now being a bona fide 6490 owner these past couple weeks(I love this camera!) I decided to register.First off I'd like to introduce myself..I'm Lisa and just would like to say Hello and comment on what a great group this is..educationally wise and I also love looking at the wonderful shots.Being a new owner I have a question..I would like to protect my new purchase and was just curious if there is a camera case made for this model? Up here on the prairies our pickings our limited so any ideas where I could obtain one online?Thanks so much in advance and happy shooting!:|
lisa
p.s I hope this is ok to post and that I'm doing it right..one of my first shots with a little doctoring..
Attached Images

kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2005, 7:11 AM   #2

oops..sorry for it being so large!..it's only 60k..how small should it be to post?..darn newbies,eh...
Old Apr 25, 2005, 9:33 AM   #3

Don't worry about the size. If you try to post one that is too large the soft ware they use on this forum will not accept it anyway. As for the camera case,just what do you have in mind? As for as I know there is no form fitting case on the market for the 6490. I on the otherhand have a lot of lenses and filters to carry as well as a shutter release bracket and soon I hope a remote flash and bracket. So you see a difference in what you need will dictate the type of bag you might want. With all the paraphenalia I carry I opted for a digital video camera bag. Found one on sale for $12.00 dollars in Wal-Mart. Normal price was $34.00.

BigDawg

PS I like the way you have the shadows on the photo. Nice shot all around.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:13 AM   #4

Here are a couple of shots of my bag. It's heavy nylon, padded everywhere, with a lot of hidden pockets and a divider inside to keep the lenses from banging into the camera.each side is large enough to put the camera in even with the TCON-17 lens and the lens adapter mounted.I keep the filters in the two black bags you see ($.99 each again at walmart) and store them in a zippered net carrier in the lid of the main case. The side pockets keep the spare batteries and charger fit nicely into one of the side pockets. Over all size is about 14 inches long, 8inches wide and about 8 inches high.
It weighs almost nothing when full.
Attached Images

Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:21 AM   #5

I just wanted to say Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask anything without being afraid of someone flaming you. I haven't seen that here so far. Everyone here are Ladies and gentilemen, except for me , but they let me stay as long as I behave myself.LOL Here is another shot of the bag.

Da Dawg
Attached Images

Old Apr 25, 2005, 3:51 PM   #6

Hi Lisa and welcome. Not sure what you,re looking for in a bag but Kodak does make a small nice looking one altho a liitle pricey at 29.95 and other sizes as well and you can order online http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...gory=EKN027635

Kodaks website also has a lot of info thats good to browse when your bored. Like Dawg says, you'll find everyone here friendly and helpful and dont be afraid that your questions will sound dumb. Myself and Dawg have already asked all the stupid ones:-)

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 3:52 PM   #7

Dawg I like the second shot of the bag a lot better..First one has an old hairy paw holding the bag:blah:

Dan
Old Apr 25, 2005, 7:03 PM   #8

Nice to meet you Digdawg and Dan!Thanks for the welcome..and the info on the bag.I have an old camera bag (not sure what it called) that was used for carrying a 35mm with an attached long zoom.I'm using that just for the walkabouts but I will be looking for one when I am on longer treks.I guess a protective case is unavailable so I will just be extra careful when I have it out.Looking forward to being on the forum..Everyone seems so nice..
Lisa
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:45 PM   #9

Speak for yerself on the stupid questions there Dan, I've got a few more that I've been saving to ask when they will be the most embarassing to me. As for the paw, That is the least hairy part of my anatomy. I'm sure everyone wanted to know that one. Ya see it ain't only questions that come out stupid sometimes!! LOL Kash we'll all be lookin' forward to some more of those great photo's, soon I hope. As for the bag go with what you have for now, but be on the lookout for the one that is right for you. It is a very personal choice that only you can make. Only you know how much you will want to carry and what you consider a good look.

Dawg
Old Apr 26, 2005, 1:51 PM   #10

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
As for the paw, That is the least hairy part of my anatomy.
Wow thanks Dawg...theres a picture for the mind (good thing i don't have one lol)

Dan