Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:56 PM   #11

Hey Bob, think you can see Warsaw (Indiana)with that thing?:|I got to have one too! Only thing is I just bought a 7590 and there is a cash flow issue...

Happy shooting!

Terry

tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:50 AM   #12

I hear ya...gotta figure out how to breaK this one to da warden:ak47:
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 1:07 AM   #13

You guy's would take a sledge hammer to a pie eating contest. Finesse is the way. Or pleading on yer hands and knees. Or promising something outrageous. Let it be her or in Lisa's case his idea. Jeez, I thought I'd had a little more influence on yun'z than this. I convinced her that I could get a lot better shots of the grandkids at the beach in a month or so if I had this lens. Then got her to do the ordering so she couldn't blame me for ordering it! See finesse! Way to go Bob. I told you it would get out there.
And Wagaboo, and Dan I can see one in your futures as well.
Lisa I got mine from B&H Photo, online for $95.00 before shipping. I think it's worth every penny to me. Unlike Bob I am not able to sneak up on the wildlife the way he does, so it helps me get those shots of skittish birds and people.
Again congrats Bob.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 7:10 AM   #14

Lisa adorama has the lense for 92.00 ?? something plus shipping and handling,I ordered my lense adaptor from them,cheaper than Kodak had it for there really quick about shipping.I've surfed around and so far they have cheapest price on the Tcon.Think I'll be ordering mine pretty soon.Want it befoore summer vacation.I just keep seeing things I want to add but it's a matter of saving or JUST DO IT !!!!

Which camera do you have? I started out with the Kodak 6490,but the zoom lens messed up ,it wouldn't retract back in.When I took back to Best Buy they didn't them any more and I got the Kodak 7590,they made alot of changes in the two camera,I like the 7590,but think I liked the 6490 better,

Bob that is a great shot for your first one can't wait to see your wildlife shots,everytime I see pictures taken using the Tcon makes me want it even more !!

You people are talking me into JUST DOING IT !!!:|
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 9:57 PM   #15

thanks for all the replies, Dawg, Wag, Dan, Terry, Lisa and Smiles.

Dawg, my financial manager is impervious to begging, doesn't work, never has, never will. That is why I learned to just do it.(also is why i am always in the dog house...sorry, Dawg house.)

Lisa, i think it will be a valuable accessory.

Dan, watch that droolig, LOL. nothing ruins a keyboard quicker

Wag, maybe you could baste a few turkeys and hold a turkey roast to raise money, LOL(put some clothes on first though)

Terry, look towards Plymouth and wave...yep i see you, LOL.

Smiles, i will post more, but i have so much to do around the wigwam that it will probably be sunday before i can put the lens back on and shoot some pics.(darn it, these chores are cutting into my valuable pic time)

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 10:19 PM   #16

hey wagaboo, your darn right that lens is HUGE.....i like to call it my John Holmes commemorative lens, LOL. people see me walking down the street they say wow look at the indian with the big lens,LOL.

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 10:44 PM   #17

Bob Mevis wrote:
Quote:
hey wagaboo, your darn right that lens is HUGE.....i like to call it my John Holmes commemorative lens, LOL. people see me walking down the street they say wow look at the indian with the big lens,LOL.

Bob M
hahahahahahahahahaha toooo funny Bob or just plain call it the HOMEY... and yup just might have that turkey roast dinner to raise some funds for the lens and another baster
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:52 AM   #18

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA!!!!!! I told you not to make me snort beer again. Gonna drown the penguins if you keep that up Bob!!! You nearly made me loose the keyboard with that one!! I'll be wiping beer off the monitor for a week!!

DAWG
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 2:45 AM   #19

Nice demo shot Bob.
Now you boys are half way there, you need the final piece.

Damn, I still miss my old 6490 setup.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:29 AM   #20

Coldsnail please can you post some comparison shots with that WCON, thats the next thing on my list, £98 from Amazon is the cheapest I`ve seen so far.

I`ve had the TCON for 2 days now I love the lens ,well worth the money.I`ts great for long shots, and works wonders for portrait shots, zooming from a few steps back.

caught this goose havin a wash last nite,experimenting with S mode.

Just on the brink of digital zoom, TCON17,1/500th sec

TommysDad

Attached Images

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote