Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:16 AM   #21

Nice TD. I gotta get out more, but the evening shift kills some of the best times for me. You are reading my mind Paul. I've almost convinced my wife that I need a wide angle lens for the family gettogethers comming up in June. I've taken pictures in our family room ( 20'x30' ) to show her that a wider angle lens would help out in taking a better photo. Like I said almost there. By the way Paul, If you miss it so much, Why not get one? They are priced so low now that it would almost be possible to get a complete outfit for what the 6490 was originaly priced for. Or would that be backing up on the tech ladder?? Oh yeah. Do you have a recomendation on the wide angle lens?? Is the schnieder lens the better deal??

Edwin
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:24 PM   #22

I had the Kodak lens, but after looking at the WCON-07 in my local camera shop, I came to the conclusion that they were identical in all aspects apart from the coating and writing.
In the UK, the Kodak lens is cheaper than the Olympus, but I don't know about the US.

One of the reasons for getting rid of the 6490 and kit, was the amount of cameras and lenses that I have here.

1x Kodak DC20

1x Kodak CX6230

1x Kodak DX7440

1x Kodak DC3200

1x Kodak DCS410 Pro digital/ Nikon N90s 35mm with all the upgrades on it (MB-10 vertical grip and MF-26 data back)

1x Nikon D70 with 28-80mm lens

1x Nikkor 35-80 lens for the N90s/DCS410 (Can be used on the D70)

1x Sigma 70-300 APO Macro lens

1x Tokina 80-200 f/2.8 manual lens

1x Vivitar x2 macro teleconverter

1x 50mm AF f/1.8 prime lens

2 flashguns (One dedicated for the N90s/DCS)

3gb's worth of memory cards for the cameras

Filters and various other odds to fill the bag.

As you can see, if I had kept the 6490 I doubt it would have been used much as I take the SLR's when serious and the DX7440 when I need a simple pocket camera.
Oh, I lent the 7440 out today to a friend who is going on a cruise tomorrow, so the CX will take over as a pocket cam for a week or so.

I have done a wide-to-tcon test before, I'll have a look for the pics.

All the best, Paul.

www.easysharersforum.com

Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:40 PM   #23

Dawg, you are a silver tongued devil, you even get the missus to do the ordering, huh? boy did i fail when i trained mine.

hey, i told you all, Paul works for the camera companies...he gets the employee discount, LOL. sorry Paul, i couldn't resist

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:45 PM   #24

Hey, do you guys realise thatthose of uson this forum are causing kodak and aftermarket suppliers to have a banner year, they ought to give all of us a wide angle as a complimentary gift, LOL. sshhh, the indian didn't say that, i'm a victim of identity theft, LOL

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 1:03 AM   #25

They'd not want your's or mine Bob. Too much intrest to pay and then there's the little matter of a couple of bosses in florida and georgia that made the mistake of calling me a SOB. I don't think the statute of limitations has run out. Hey maybe someone would be kind enough to steal mine!!! LOL
Paul my wallet flinches at the thought of all those cameras and acc. Geez you must be starting a camera museum. If you've managed to master all of those then no wonder your photos are sooo goood!!! Oh yea, about that museum, I've got this Kodak Brownie I might let go of for the right price!! HMM Interested??

Flinching and almost sorry he asked Dawg. I mean GEEEEEEZ!!!
Old Apr 29, 2005, 1:15 AM   #26

Bob, I been thinking ( and consulting the Penguins { I now must capitalize this in all my post they tell me} ) They do owe us!! I'll be there this week end and we can storm the corporate facilities!!! GET BACK I SAID GET BACK IN T H E R E . Sorry about that Bob, they sometimes think they are in charge. Now what were we discussing. Oh yea those nice people at Kodak-----------------------------------.

dawggggggdawg
Old Apr 29, 2005, 1:50 AM   #27

Bob Mevis wrote:
Quote:
hey, i told you all, Paul works for the camera companies...he gets the employee discount, LOL. sorry Paul, i couldn't resist

Bob M
I wish...
In fact it's the complete opposite here in the UK, we normally pay nearly double the US price as it's such a rip-off over here.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:57 AM   #28

When working with my 'money manager' I find it easier to get forgiveness than permission. LOL

Be back later.....gone shopping. lol
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 3:05 PM   #29

Well, I'm back. My Tcon should be here in a couple days. lol

Now off to get some forgiveness. LMAO

cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 4:12 PM   #30

Well now if you aren't the Lucky one !! Where are you getting your Tcon from ?

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote