Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:35 PM   #1

I appreciate any and all comments because they often point me in a better direction.

Al
Attached Images

alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:30 PM   #2

Hi Al,

I was wondering if youused full digital zoom for this shot.

Bob M
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:37 PM   #3

Hi Bob,

I used no digital on the shot as I was fairly close.

Al
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:47 PM   #4

was just curious, nice capture.

Bob M
Old Apr 29, 2005, 12:51 AM   #5

You may have had your shutter speed a little fast. It sometimes gives it a lessthan crisp look. Just a thought. All in all a good stopaction shot.

Dawg

Ps did you use a UV filter??
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 8:53 AM   #6

Dawg,

Yes I used aUV filter but have nevermade a manual setting fora shutter speed or a "F" stop. I did play more with the software I have trying to enhance the pic and may have distorted something.

I put it in the sport mode hoping to get a fast shutter speed.

This bird makes many many trips building the new nest which gives me quite a few chances to get a shot.

Thanks, Al
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:42 AM   #7

You are so good at finding and then setting up such great shots Al. It's just my opinion, but I think it's time for you to play around with the PASM modes on your camera. I think you'll be surprised with the results you can get. The sports mode will set the shutter speed automaticaly and can make it a little too fast to obtain the clarity you need for really sharp photos as it also sets the iso. You sometimes have to accept a little wing flutter to get the rest clear. It all depends on the interaction of all the settings as a whole. The different modes set these automatically and are not always the optimum. I am still learning and am not an expert but I see and hear of so many individuals that are afraid to use the PASM modes and I think are missing the real capabilities of these great cameras. Don't be one of these. You have too much potential. Keep shooting, and keep learning!! Most of all keep sending those photos. You're teaching me something with every one!!! Luck and good shooting!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:37 PM   #8

Al, also anyone else,if you areinterested in learning about the PASM modes, Coldsnail has some posts with really good explainations along with pics to see the differences. http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/1-forum-23.html I found it to be very,very helpful.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 4:55 PM   #9

I have one of those.i posted over on the easyshare site afew days ago,but no response So I'm moving it over here.Hopefully I'll get some fed back.I used Pauls tip from over there using the M mode,and really thought my picture had turned out good.It was nice and clear on my camera screen.But when I downloaded it to my computer it was so dark I couldn't see it !! I'm really wondering if it's acallibration issue with my monitor.I have tried several times to use adobe gamma,but it never seems to change anything on my computer screen.

Anyway after taking this picture into photoshop and really doing some lighting on it this is what I got.Please comment as this is my means of learing besides trial & error

Sandy

Attached Images

smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 4:55 PM   #10

Thanks for the link Dan, I'm one of those PASM weenies. But i'm thinking it is time to learn how to make the camera work for me. By the look of his pics Paul knows how to use PASM.

Bob