Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:48 PM   #1

Last week in my travels..and probably in a menopausal moment,I lost the plug adapter for my charger.Sheesh I thought I need to go out and buy a whole new charger just for that part.I decided to give Kodak a call..got a guy in the US..explained my stupidity..and asked if it was possible to get that piece or need I go out and buy a new adapter.After checking my registration (last two weeks) he informs me a new piece is on it's way to me..no charge! I was truly aghast..it's nice to see a big company like that care about it's customers. Here's a for you,Kodak!
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2005, 8:56 PM   #2

That is good to hear about a company that we do business with. Made you glad to have called Kodak.

Al
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 11:52 AM   #3

There have in the past been some complaints about Kodak's customer support and it makes you wonder sometimes if the only ones you hear about are the ones that are so ticked off that the anger makes them want to lash out. The people that get good results quite often do not have that spark of anger that compels them to vent their rage in a forum such as this. Sour grapes make for sour wine as my dad used to say and I really like my camera so here is some sweet wine instead. I LIKE KODAK!!!! And thank you Kashka for Posting the good results you had!!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 12:21 PM   #4

Well I thought it was only fair.Corporation and company policies/service have made many of us jaded in the past but when sometimes when an instance like this occurs it almost enough to restore your faith.Just this one little act is probably enough to make me a loyal customer from now on..I will recommend them tofriendsand buy their products.Now if some other companies did this I think they will find this could be the best advertising possible.I'm not saying Kodak is the be all end all but this impressed me...
Old Apr 29, 2005, 1:47 PM   #5

Amen!!

Dawg
Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:53 PM   #6

Thats good to hear.I wasn't a big fan of their customer support but in my book this wipes the slate clean.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 3:41 PM   #7

I also helps if you know who to speak to :homey:

Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 1:44 AM   #8

We'll just have to remember to get you to intercede for us, cause one good look at me and most corporate types start wettin' their drawers and suckin their thumbs!!LOL It ain't much better when I call them. Somethin'about not liken' the phrase sumb#$^h bein' repeated over and over!

Dawg
Old May 5, 2005, 7:48 PM   #9

Just an update..a week to the day I called I received it! Which is unreal seeing that it came from NY to Manitoba that fast.My next email is a "kudos" to Kodak..:love:
Old May 5, 2005, 9:38 PM   #10

Lisa,,,,i had the sma experience,,,e-mailed kodak,,,told then my lense cap was defective,,they sent a new one from the U.S. by same day courier,,,,or was it 2 days,,anyway it was so fast i didn`t know the lense cap was broken,,,great service if you treat the person on the other end with respect.....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote