Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 29, 2005, 4:24 PM   #11

I'm truly sorry for your problem with Kodak but some of us here just don't agree with you.I had a Kodak 6490 and the lens failed to retract for me,no problem it was replaced with the 7590.So please for the sake of us that use and like Kodak,take your complaints to the Kodak review board or post where you read all the bad things about Kodak !! They seem to the only ones agreeing with you.

Sandy> Kodak 7590 user and Love it,just my opinion :-x
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 4:25 PM   #12

Oh for Christ sake!!!

I have talked to my not-so-local Kodak rep and he has told me before that the LS443 was the worst digital camera that Kodak have made.
The other LS cameras are fine, but that was one real lemon of a camera, they had hundreds, if not thousands returned.
If memory serves me well, he had three of them while demo-ing them and they all went wrong.

Brain, ask Dave next time on Messenger, I'm sure it was three ..
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:11 PM   #13

pfeels -

Didn't think to look on Amazon. Judging by the flood of similar problems, you have indeed been saddled with what must be a poor design.

I can't imagine why Kodak would want to treat the issue so unresponsively. Every mis-handled customer is at least 50 sales affected (50 being the average number of friends and family influenced by one person's anecdotal evidence.)

Here's a company with admittedly world-class sensors, color expertise that goes back to the glory days of Kodacolor andEktachrome E6 slide film, a good grasp of what everyday photographers want for features, lens deals with the best (Schneider)... and something very wrong with product marketing in this case. Clearly this model should have been pulled from shelves, not left on the market for several years.

I'm pretty happy with my DX7630, if I ignore the battery clip failure at 2 weeks. Maybe the engineering team that did the LS443 was moved to the battery clip project...

Cold Snail - your rep friend - does he have any explanations?

Dave
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:16 PM   #14

brianhare wrote:
Quote:
A decorated PROFESSIONAL would NOT resort to going on a forum in this manner....so i doubt your a professional....:!:
Seems like a resonable fee to repair a camera that probably served you well,,just because it didn`t last forever is no reason for a post like this.....:?

You are here for 1 reason only,,,,,to stir up trouble,,,and probably own a canon or something....

If it`s so well documented that kodak is not good then you needn`t add further as we would already know this....
:O
Brian
I'm not going to justify your personal attacks with a response ...
pfeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:20 PM   #15

smiles wrote:
Quote:
I'm truly sorry for your problem with Kodak but some of us here just don't agree with you.I had a Kodak 6490 and the lens failed to retract for me,no problem it was replaced with the 7590.So please for the sake of us that use and like Kodak,take your complaints to the Kodak review board or post where you read all the bad things about Kodak !! They seem to the only ones agreeing with you.

Sandy> Kodak 7590 user and Love it,just my opinion :-x
Thank You for being cival and I have learned something from this forum that I didn't know, the LS443 is a lemon Thanks Snail ....
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:25 PM   #16

DGehman wrote:
Quote:
pfeels -

Didn't think to look on Amazon. Judging by the flood of similar problems, you have indeed been saddled with what must be a poor design.

I can't imagine why Kodak would want to treat the issue so unresponsively. Every mis-handled customer is at least 50 sales affected (50 being the average number of friends and family influenced by one person's anecdotal evidence.)

Here's a company with admittedly world-class sensors, color expertise that goes back to the glory days of Kodacolor and Ektachrome E6 slide film, a good grasp of what everyday photographers want for features, lens deals with the best (Schneider)... and something very wrong with product marketing in this case. Clearly this model should have been pulled from shelves, not left on the market for several years.

I'm pretty happy with my DX7630, if I ignore the battery clip failure at 2 weeks. Maybe the engineering team that did the LS443 was moved to the battery clip project...

Cold Snail - your rep friend - does he have any explanations?

Dave
I'm glad to know that your happy with your Kodak Camera, I thought the LS was just great, I still get sick when i look at it sitting on my desk, it's good to know that maybe this was just a bad production item ... Thanks for your input
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:00 PM   #17

UPDATE:
I decided to call kodak one more time with the new knowledge I had that the LS443 was a lemon AND THEY KNEW IT, They to their credit did acknowledge this and in the end they agreed to sell me a new LS743 @ $125.00 ... it sells for $229.94 on Amazon.com, I know it's not the $400.00 I spent on the LS443 but taking into consideration I had 3 good years with the camera I felt the deal reasonable, my only wish is they would have offered me the deal the first time I called ... glad it's resolved

:blahthats for Bri) ... lol
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:50 PM   #18

I glad to hear this,wish you lots of luck with your new camera.Hope you'll post some pictures for us to see.

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:15 PM   #19

You would have gotten more friendly help here if it wasn`t for the way you started up this thread,,the camera may have been a lemon,,,but posting the way you did brings people to arms......we are all helpfull here if not offended right from the start....you get far better results being friendly than trying to piss off people who like their camera choice,,,,so from you saying you`d never buy another Kodak to saying you are going to now is quite a change isn`t it......there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum,,,if you ask politely.....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:50 PM   #20

pfeels wrote:
Quote:
UPDATE:
I decided to call kodak one more time with the new knowledge I had that the LS443 was a lemon AND THEY KNEW IT, They to their credit did acknowledge this and in the end they agreed to sell me a new LS743 @ $125.00
Well - this certainly makes me feel better about Kodak's product marketing team, or customer response group, or whoever authorized this deal. And it's further support for the idea that consumers have the power, if they'll just keep pushing back.
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote