Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:08 PM   #21

Glad to hear this, now any chance of an update on the other posts in the "What camera" forum?

I emailled a contact that I know at Kodak about this, but it looks like you resolved the problem without his help.:G

And before Bob starts, I DO NOT have anything to do with Kodak the company.

http://www.easysharersforum.com/ - Bu**er, it looks like I host a forum of my own.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:59 PM   #22

smiles wrote:
Quote:
I glad to hear this,wish you lots of luck with your new camera.Hope you'll post some pictures for us to see.

Sandy
Thank You
pfeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:04 PM   #23

DGehman wrote:
Quote:
Well - this certainly makes me feel better about Kodak's product marketing team, or customer response group, or whoever authorized this deal. And it's further support for the idea that consumers have the power, if they'll just keep pushing back.
Yeah, Once Snail gave me that info and they agreed then it's just a matter of working out a way to make both sides happy, it goes a long way in restoring their integrity to me ...
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:07 PM   #24

DGehman wrote:
Quote:
pfeels wrote:
Quote:
UPDATE:
I decided to call kodak one more time with the new knowledge I had that the LS443 was a lemon AND THEY KNEW IT, They to their credit did acknowledge this and in the end they agreed to sell me a new LS743 @ $125.00
Well - this certainly makes me feel better about Kodak's product marketing team, or customer response group, or whoever authorized this deal. And it's further support for the idea that consumers have the power, if they'll just keep pushing back.
I don't see where my opening thread was insulting to anyone ... One problem with forum boards is you don't get to gauge ones emotional status ... no biggy, I've moved on
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Glad to hear this, now any chance of an update on the other posts in the "What camera" forum?
Done, and thanks for your input and honesty otherwise I'd still be bent out of shape, now I can relax ...
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:45 PM   #26

I do have one more question if any of you care to chime in ... I placed an order for a Canon PowerShot SD110 yesterday and now today i have the Kodak LS743 offer. The Canon is 3MP and the Kodak is 4MP, is this a no brainer? The Kodak is also $35 cheaper, but I do like everything I have read about the Canon ... maybe I need to sleep on it, or maybe it's an obvious choice ...

Funny I'm worried about getting burnt again ...
Old Apr 30, 2005, 1:11 AM   #27

I'm sorry you got " shafted " so to speak on the original camera and am glad that Kodak finally came through. They sometimes do ya know. The shame on you was kinda like a friendly slap in the face to a panicky person. I really wish you'd first asked for help or a helpful response in the first place then I, or almost anyone else in this forum would have been glad to help in a friendly manner. As a professional dealing with the public, you surely must know that most responses are a mirror of the way you first aproach a person. If you didn't know that little gem before I hope you will look at it now and apreciate the fact that it is given, not in a condecending way but as truly friendly advice. I hope you take the Kodak myself. And no matter which you decide on I hope to see some photos from the purchase posted here. In that way maybe we can get off on a better foot. The first one kinda sucked.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:01 AM   #28

Quote:
I'm sorry you got " shafted " so to speak on the original camera and am glad that Kodak finally came through. They sometimes do ya know. The shame on you was kinda like a friendly slap in the face to a panicky person. I really wish you'd first asked for help or a helpful response in the first place then I, or almost anyone else in this forum would have been glad to help in a friendly manner. As a professional dealing with the public, you surely must know that most responses are a mirror of the way you first approach a person. If you didn't know that little gem before I hope you will look at it now and appreciate the fact that it is given, not in a condecending way but as truly friendly advice. I hope you take the Kodak myself. And no matter which you decide on I hope to see some photos from the purchase posted here. In that way maybe we can get off on a better foot. The first one kinda sucked.

Yes I agree, looking back over it I think my use of the word HATE in the title thread was a little to strong and probably provoked the responses, I should have said Very Displeased or at least toned it down ... but it's all water under the bridge, I think everybody can agree that kodak made it right and restored my faith in the company ... I do like the fact that this forum is an active one with obviously plenty of nice people such as yourself who took the time to explain the way they looked at this matter, and like I said, the use of the word HATE in my mind was just over the top ...

Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:12 AM   #29

brianhare wrote:
Quote:
Look at this from this view,,,if you bought a car and drove it for 3 years,,then it broke down,,,do you think the dealer should fix it for free ???????....

Brian
Depends on what extent the damage is ... minor, no, but if after three years your brand new $20,000 car's transmission needed to be replaced at a cost of $7,000, well I'd call the Attorney General's office and seek Lemon Law protection ... lol
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:22 AM   #30

pfeels wrote:
Quote:
I do have one more question

I've found my life is smoother if I don't offer advice on religion, cuteness of babies, weight of women, or camera to buy.

(Myself, a charter member of Team Cheap, would go for lower price/higher feature set, but cheap may not be your guide. I will say that I'm new to the Kodak dcam world and am impressed almost every picture session with Kodak's color and white balance handling).

BTW - when I said earlier that 'consumers have the power,' I didn't mean us on the forum vs. you-- I meant you, pfeels, have the power with Kodak when you push back...

Dave

BTW - " if after three years your brand new $20,000 car's transmission needed to be replaced at a cost of $7,000, " -- a good description of why sales have dictated Ford's canceling of the Taurus and Chrysler fell off the top of the minivan pile...

DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote