Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:50 AM   #31

I like the calmer pfeels. Hang around awhile and get to know us. I think you'll like us too. We are a truly ecclectic group here and really would like to help in any situation you might find yourself, if given half a chance. We can offer encouragement and help for anyone from the novice level to the professional level, and almost never flaming or embarassing someone when they make a mistake. I should know since I make more than the average poster. I would like to see more posts from you in the future in this very forum whether you buy canon or Kodak. I think it would be good for all conserned. Have a good life and happy posting pfeels.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 1:15 PM   #32

Just dont make an eye cup for yer camera out of a turkey baster and you'll do just fine here...lol :-)
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 1:27 PM   #33

AHHHH> Now Wagaboo, I liked the baster story. I even posted it at work and got great reviews! LOL

Da Dawg
Old Apr 30, 2005, 2:08 PM   #34

Hmmmm.lol
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:01 PM   #35

I'm at work now and they are still talking about it!!!

Dawg
Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:14 PM   #36

DGehman wrote:
Quote:
pfeels wrote:
Quote:
I do have one more question
BTW - when I said earlier that 'consumers have the power,' I didn't mean us on the forum vs. you-- I meant you, pfeels, have the power with Kodak when you push back...

Dave

BTW - " if after three years your brand new $20,000 car's transmission needed to be replaced at a cost of $7,000, " -- a good description of why sales have dictated Ford's canceling of the Taurus and Chrysler fell off the top of the minivan pile...

I knew exactly what you meant, so no problem there ... and it's ashame (wait, I don't want to start another fight, lol)
but theres just no reason America can't put out a car to rival Toyota or Honda, we have the brain trust ... I own a Toyota, it's my 3rd ... Here's the fight starting part, lol ... The first car me and my wife bought after we got married was a Ford Capri, um, I'm going to leave it alone, lol
My favorite car was my 1970 350 2 door Candy Apple Red, Cutlass Supreme back when i was 17, ahhhhhhhhhh <sniffle>
pfeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:39 PM   #37

What i was trying to state on the car warranty thing is,,,you get 3 years,,,60,000k (here anyway) on most cars,,if after that you have a problem,,,you can go to court if you like,,,but the warranty still applies,,,they do not have to fix your car for free after the warranty period....

Not saying this is nice,,,but things do wear out,,and when they do you can throw them away or get them fixed.....

Now i also stated that i`ve seen and told other members here and elsewhere that kodak is quite decent at repairing a very complicated piece of equipment,,,,,jamed into a small case,,,for a decent price,,,,125 or 150 bucks to do so is not excessive...i`ve also seen a lot of people offered an upgrade,,,as i said here,,,,for that same price if the camera is not a current model.......

I think kodak is really decent in trying to keep customers loyal and happy,,,they also can`t lose money doing it though either....

Three years is a long time,,,2 years out of warranty shows that this company is willing to help....but just like all companies you need to ask the right person,,if they aren`t co-operative,,try someone else.....they should be all on the same page on customer service,,,but it seems they are not.......

I`ve heard that a guy bought a canon,,took it on vacation,,and due to high humidity,,,it was ruined,,canon told him the warranty is void due to moisture....

He says no one else on the trip had a problem with their cameras.....anyway he`s a little upset too,,can`t blame him,,,the camera is about a month old.......

Anyway glad they helped you out,,,,,the new LS is certainly a nice camera,,,not enough zoom for me,,,but very pocket friendly and takes very nice pics...

Brian

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:52 PM   #38

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
I like the calmer pfeels. Hang around awhile and get to know us. I think you'll like us too. We are a truly ecclectic group here and really would like to help in any situation you might find yourself, if given half a chance. We can offer encouragement and help for anyone from the novice level to the professional level, and almost never flaming or embarassing someone when they make a mistake. I should know since I make more than the average poster. I would like to see more posts from you in the future in this very forum whether you buy canon or Kodak. I think it would be good for all conserned. Have a good life and happy posting pfeels.

Dawg
I appreciate that and maybe I will check in from time to
time, I do spend a lot of time on my computer, they've been a hobby of mine for over 20 years (Commodore 64 days, LOL)Adobe PhotoShop CS8, FrontPage, Macromedia Flash Pro 2004 are programs I tinker with, perhaps others in the forum are interested in the same ...

Also picture taking and camera's go back many many years, yeah I'm older, I also own a Ricoh KR-5 35mm with a few different lenses, This camera has served me well for over 20 years

I own a Kodak Instamatic Movie Camera (Super 8) Silent Film
I own a Sony Camcorder Analog (it needs the heads clean) even tho it's analog I can roll my film over to the Internet using a piece of hardware called Dazzle (some may know it)

enough about me, and thanks for making me feel welcomed after the rough start...

Oh one last thing, My daughters nickname is FeelDawg, I noticed yours was Dawg ... My daughter plays Fast pitch Softball for Fitchburg State College and in the summer for the Mass Diamond Dawgs ...

You can check out the Dawgs web site at http://eteamz.active.com/MassDiamondDawgs/
and 99% of the pictures on the front page and in the PHOTO'S AND VIDEO section I took with the Kodak LS443

Ok, now I'll shut up
Old Apr 30, 2005, 10:03 PM   #39

brianhare wrote:
Quote:
What i was trying to state on the car warranty thing is,,,you get 3 years,,,60,000k (here anyway) on most cars,,if after that you have a problem,,,you can go to court if you like,,,but the warranty still applies,,,they do not have to fix your car for free after the warranty period....

I`Ive heard that a guy bought a canon,,took it on vacation,,and due to high humidity,,,it was ruined,,canon told him the warranty is void due to moisture....

Anyway glad they helped you out,,,,,the new LS is certainly a nice camera,,,not enough zoom for me,,,but very pocket friendly and takes very nice pics...

Brian
I understand where your coming from and I know the older I get it seems we're becoming more and more of a disposable society, shoot I remember taking the tubes out of the TV and bringing them to Medi-Mart and putting them on the tube tester... I repair commercial dishwashers for restaurants (being a police officer, was another life time or at least it feels that way) anyway I'm disgusted at how the machines they put out now give you a good 5 years as apposed to 20 you got form the machines made in the 60's even tho it means more business for me, I just wish people would put more care into their products, I guess
Old May 1, 2005, 1:00 AM   #40

It's called engineered breakdown! That is so the manufacturer can sell a new one to you every 5-6 yrs. All of them do it so you can't find one that will last longer. Since They last about the same time you won't get mad and change brands that readily. Craftsmanship is a long gone deal, unless you wish to do it youself. Corporate America just won't be going there. If they did they would lose out to the non craftsman manufactures in short order. Most people are looking to stay on the cutting edge of technology,and have the latest and newest item on the market. I myself am an anachronism, I guess. I like to keep a car or truck until it is no longer usable. My friends change vehicles every 2-3 years. They all get a new computer every 2-3 years. They all want the latest and newest even when it isn't that much of an improvement.
Look at my choice in a camera, the DX6490. It will be an obsolete camera in 1-2 years and already is on the clearence shelves in most stores. Is it now a non-useful camera?? I don't think so. Even some that have moved on to the newer models wish they still had their old 6490 back. As stated in many posts in this forum it isn't the camera that takes a good photo it's the photographer. I too long for the good old days then I start thinking and remembering the cold trips to the outhouse in January were not that much fun. LOL

Dawg