Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:34 PM   #1

Since my wife doesn`t post here i thought i`d show you what she`s been doing...

She can`t go far from home due to a disability so i`ve set up about 5 feeding stations arround the yard to bring nature to her....she loves it,,and with help over the last year has turned into quite a photographer....her biggest help of course is the fact she can spend all day doing this,,,which helps big time,,we all know that practice makes perfect.....anyway here`s her latest...

Brian

Attached Images

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:35 PM   #2

another
Attached Images

Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:36 PM   #3

last one...
Attached Images

Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:34 PM   #4

She has been doing very well - it is good that she has this interest to enjoy.

Thanks, Al
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:56 PM   #5

She does a great job Brian. I really like the third one. The shadows line up to make a more interesting shot.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:21 PM   #6

Your Wife takes really nice pics Brian. I think I like the third one the best too. I need to get my feeding stations set up, so I can start getting bird pics. Seems like I never have time though.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 10:36 PM   #7

Stunningly good selective focus. These really capture the essence, where your attention is totally on the living thing.

Dave
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 10:57 PM   #8

Thanks guys,,,,when she became disabled a few years ago i had a hard time with it,,,couldn`t think of something for her to do besides watching television which is all she really did.....we had just bought a minature Schnauzer ,,thank god,,,and it kept her a little busy,,,,must be hard not being able to do what you want,,when you want to.

She has Menieres disease which causes ringing in the ears,,,,and affects her balance,,she is dizzy a lot if she moves too much,,so she can`t really get out and do anything to far away from home..

When i got the DX6490 i got it for me and thought since it`s really easy to operate,,that she might like to try.....

Well i got her to try it out,,and after a few months she was ready to try PASM,,,,then she started posting pics on a few web sites,,so she learned the ins and outs of the net,PSE2.0 ....

I`m admittedly very proud of her,,she is now using PSE3.0,,,, posting on 3 websites,,,and she absolutely loves birds,,so i set up 4 or 5 feeding stations and she gets up at the crack of dawn,,,and is taking pics all day....

It is extremely hard (anyone married will hear this) to find a wife/husband team that enjoy one thing together,hobbies are even harder for couples to do,,,and this we can enjoy together and travel with it.....

So it`s really nice that i can teach her what i know,,and learn together too..

Brian

Old May 1, 2005, 2:12 AM   #9

That was a nice look at the heart and soul of Brian. I, having been married to the same great wife for 38 years now can appreciate what you said. Just tell her from the BigDawg that she does great Work and I'll be looking forward to more.
Oh yeah I've nearly got the wife convinced that all birds can be fun to photograph. Some of the reason for the new outlook is posted above. Thanks again Brian!! And I mean it from the heart.

Edwin Nye Skinner
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 8:55 AM   #10

Brian, those are very nice shots she took.Life isn't always fair and the best way to handle it has just been described to me.I have a lot of respect for the both of you.There is indeed a lot to learn from my friends here!

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote