Sample 2
Attached Images

Elphman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 10:52 PM   #12

Sample 3
Attached Images

Elphman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 11:24 PM   #13

Judging from these shots and the exposure time of them I would think that you wouldn't need IS for these shots. In lower light with longer exposure times you may find it helpfull. I find that with my Pansonic FZ3 I can get good pictures even at 1/20-1/30 sec at full 12x zoom. With my DX7630 I have an extremely hard time getting good pictures at exposure times similiar to those even at the Kodak's substatially shorter zoom. Guess I think that if your taking shots mostly during the day than I don't find the IS to be a huge requirement but it certainly can be helpful.
Quote:

Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 5:42 AM   #14

I`d say looking at your pics that you are doing more than fine,,,,,as for a soft pic,,,well PSE3.0 would take care of that,,,,,the 10D AND 20D are also soft,,,unless you set the on camera sharpening to +2,,,so it doesn`t mean at all that focus was off any....

As for the S1 IS,,,,,i tried it 2 days,,,,then ebayed it.....the IS worked extremely well,,,nice option,,,,but focusing was not good at 10x,,the LCD was terrible,,,,,and the camera liked to do weird things when downloading(probably me on that).....but if it won`t get a sharp focus at 10x it`s useless to me......i`d wait at least 2 months after the S2 was released to see if problems exist with it myself......but the 12x lense,,stereo movies and a pile of other options are very interesting.....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote