Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 4, 2005, 10:53 AM   #11

Very nice focus.

Maybe lower the camera a little and get the peat-repeat effect of the big spray and the smaller spray under it?
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 11:12 AM   #12

Tripod is the best way to get the shakes under control and lose some noise and out of focus look. Don't forget to braket the shot using lower and higher F-stop and or shutter speed, then keep the best one. On just one shot you may use 30 or more takes to get one really good one. Yea I know I need to follow what I preach. I just can't find any time these days. Even have to post on the Fly!!!

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 5:18 PM   #13

DGehman and Dawg, went to Best Buy and got a tripod (Man o Man-- Mucho better) Can see a lot of difference and will change to different shutter speeds after reading the manual a little more.

Happy photoging, Al
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 6:51 PM   #14

that last post of the flower is a keeper Al....man you guys are getting all these great shots, i might have to think about working part time so i can get some, LOL our recent cold snap has set all the plants back it seems.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 8:11 PM   #15

Don't work any more than you have to Bob. I'm old and retired and have time for things that I never had time for before retirement. Glad you liked my last post - I got a tripodsince the last postand it really helps the quality of the pics, also am into "pasm"experimenting with various settings - mostly a mystery but some is sticking to my numb brain.

Al
Old May 4, 2005, 8:32 PM   #16

Don't mind me, i'm just blowing off steam about work, LOL. what kind of tripod did you get? I think i'm gonna have to get a new one, with the TCON and flash on the camera it doesn't want to support it very good. Now that you and the other guys are playing around with PASM it has inspired me to try it too.

Happy Shooting

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 8:46 PM   #17

Love the Bleeding Hearts,,everytime i see a show like i did tonight about Canadians in Holland,,,,i love to see the bleeding hearts,,,to me it`s a reminder....

Here`s one i took for veterans day last year....

Brian
Attached Images

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 9:55 PM   #18

It's a platinum plus by Sunpakat "Best Buy" for 30 bucks. First I've had and like it real well.

Al
Old May 4, 2005, 9:58 PM   #19

That's a good one Brian - Bleeding hearts are an interesting flower and beautiful in their own way.

Al
Old May 4, 2005, 11:35 PM   #20

Glad to hear you got a tripod Al! I know that the one a friend gave to me has helped tremendously. Like Bob I may have to get a better one than I have right now. Weight is not going to be a problem for me and am thinking of getting a realy heavy duty one so I can use all the new lens and hopefully a cokin filter set. Looking forward to more posts from you soon!!

Yore fraind Da Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote