Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 5, 2005, 10:09 AM   #21

Good idea Dawg, on another post you mentioned "dueling Banjos" and I wanted to say there's only one thing better and that's "Foggy Mountain Breakdown"

Happy photoging, Al
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 10:57 AM   #22

Wow !!! Now thats what I call a big improvement Al.I know what you mean about being steady !!! I have a tripod but I'm too stubborn to lug it around with me,Guess if I want better pictures I'll have to over come the shakes(no I don't drink !!! Just getting older !!) or learn to carry the tripod

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 11:24 AM   #23

The tripod I was given by a friend at work was meant for a digital camcorder and when new was probably strong enough for most any camera. Age has taken it's toll and now some of the locks don't hold as good as they did when they were new. As for weight, I doubt it weighs two pounds and folds up to minipod size. All in all not a lot to lug around even when the camera is mounted. Probably a lot less than a shotgun or rifle, even when I carry the camera bag and all the accessories.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 11:27 AM   #24

I now hum Sweet Home Alabama most of the time Al! I get fewer bad reactions from people here in Alabama!!! LOL

Dawg
Old May 5, 2005, 6:05 PM   #25

Thanks Bob, it is a problem to bring the tripod along - I'm thinking to fit it in my back pack some way - hope that works out. I don't drink any more but age is probably causing some unsteadyness plus I get excited at shutter time and that sometimescauses a flinch.

Al
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 9:01 PM   #26

Yeah, tripods are kind of a pain to carry. I bought a monopod and it is better than nothing. I just wish i could get time to go out looking for good shots, but the missus has got me working on the honey-do list with a vengeance... Must be paying for some forgotton transgression i guess.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 12:12 AM   #27

I kinda know how you feel Bob! With me it's the company I work for. Being part of the auto industry, It's always hectic this time of year, and finding time for me in the mornings is out of the question with all the honey-do's that are pileing up because of the overtime. Oh yea, got the wideangle lens today and the flash!! They came just before I went to work this afternoon, and I haven't even opened them. I'm just too tired to care right now. But I can't miss the oppertunity to harass ... uh I mean talk to my friends on this forum. Will post some pics tommorow night,,,I hope anyway

Dead tarred Dawg
Old May 6, 2005, 4:47 AM   #28

alandjo wrote:
Quote:
it is a problem to bring the tripod along - I'm thinking to fit it in my back pack some way -
An alternative, not too expensive at $10 - $20, is a backpacker's tripod. REI sells several types (the $10 one is as http://www.rei.com/product/904.htm?vcat=REI_SEARCH).

They are very short, but many come with straps, so that anything around you (tree, pole, small rock, fence...) can become a sturdy camera-stand.

You could make one yourself, but around here, the wood, velcro strap,and hardware would come to more than $10.

Dave
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 6:06 AM   #29

I have just bought a tripod made by Hama ,it folds up pretty small and came with a carry case and shoulder strap.I don`t think I`ll use it that much so I didn`t want to break the bank.I haven`t really tried any macro work yet,but I do think flowers make interesting subjects,and I like the pics you guys have posted.I may have to give it a try.Keep the flower pics coming,we learn off eachother!!.

I do take this little tripod with me everywhere though,I salvaged it from a broken spotting scope,it has the standard 1/4 thread,rubber feet and is quite sturdy.I have used it a few times when taking night shots.It has a small footprint and is great for setting up on walls.It may be worth askin around ,or looking in second hand stores for one.

TommysDad

Attached Images

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 12:01 AM   #30

I like the idea of the minipod so much that I will probably add that to my wishlist TD!! Thanks for the idea. oh yea what bike is that in your new avatar photo??

Dawg

Attached Images