Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 13, 2005, 8:07 AM   #1

After spending some time looking over posts in rec.photo.digital, I'm impressed with the positive interplay on Steve's Forums generally and this one specifically.

Photography seemshave attract two kinds of people, those whose technical skills are as precise and sharp as their opinions -- and haveapparently been gained at the expense of people skills --and those who see things in interesting perspectives and are willing to share their vision.

Anyway, after endless "[insert name] is a clueless newbie," "amusing to see [insert name] reveal himself as a fool," and "learn to spell" on rec.photo.digital, walking into the world here is like emerging into sunlight.
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2005, 12:00 PM   #2

Big D, we're are going to have to get you to be more open about you're opines. I agree with most and can insert my name in most if not all! My wife says the last one is me.

Quote:
Anyway, after endless "[insert name] is a clueless newbie," "amusing to see [insert name] reveal himself as a fool," and "learn to spell" on rec.photo.digital, walking into the world here is like emerging into sunlight.
It is wonderful to find out that no matter the background,ethnic or geographical origin, that people are just people. Most with the same aspirations and needs regardless.

I've enjoyed meeting and sharing over the last few months more than anything I've done in the last few years.

So here's to you DGehman and all my cyber camera buddies.

GLUG GLUG That's the sound of an Icehouse beer being guzzled in your honor!!!!!

Your friend the BigDawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 4:46 PM   #3

Well,i try to nice,,try very hard actually,,but you do get the occasional person who`s looking to start up something,,,and i`m not smart enough sometimes to just not say anything.....

That being said,,if a person is reasonabley nice i`ll spend all day trying to help them with anything in this field,,,,if i can....

And i never make fun of a persons lack of knowledge in photography,,,we have ALL been there,,,and actually are still there in most areas,,,,we learn from each other...

This is a nice forum,,,with nice people,,,a lot of other forums seem to attract the worst in people,,and tollerate it...

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 5:37 PM   #4

DG, at the end of a 60hr week theres nothing better than opening a cold Sam Adams and going straight to here. I get to see fine photos, learn about photography, and share laughs and interests with a lot of fine people. Like a lot of others, I first came here looking for help and advice.I received much more than that.And I truly appreciate it and I only wish we all lived closer together so we could get together for beers and BBQ. Then we could take pics of each other really making fools of ourselves:-)

Dan
dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 7:24 PM   #5

My wife has started to realize this is the place where I can relax and be myself. Kind of a haven from the rest of the world with friends and aquaintences that are more interested in helping and sharing than bickering. On that note I raise another six pack of Izehuse din ur hominrer!!!!

DAGZzzzzzzzz
Old May 13, 2005, 7:43 PM   #6

I thought he was talking about me ... lol

I don't want to sound stupid but what is your avatar a picture of, I'm seeing a dead hand floating in a solution ... imagination is a wonderful thAng ...
pfeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 8:56 PM   #7

pfeels wrote:
Quote:
a dead hand
Hmm.

Well, I am still trying to pay off my mortgage, which means 'dead hand' in French...

It's a bit of a ripoff of TD -- in this case, me + tripod, camera where the head might be, reflected in an old Rolls Royce sidelight.

Looks like I'd better find something else...
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 9:18 PM   #8

Man, What a great interchange here. I agree with just about everything. I like coming here and looking at everyones efforts. What some people lose sight of, is that for most of us this is a hobby, something fun to do and fun to share pics with your friends, here on the forum and in your daily life. It is also something that you can strive to get better at and our efforts show positive results, sometimes on a daily basis. What people onphotography forums need to remember is that every shot, weather it is of a child, pet, building or nature is someones memory. Some of my most treasured pics are far from perfectI for one really appreciate the positive support and friendly help of all my friends here on this forum.

Also, I would like to thank you all for your commeraderie, you don't realize it but you are all helping me through a really tough time in my life, thanks to all of you. Wow...gotta leave the beer alone, may be getting too maudling.

Your friend Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 9:22 PM   #9

Aw maudil on we like it !!

Dawg
Old May 13, 2005, 9:24 PM   #10

Very well put D.G. this is a fine group of people. I like your avatar better now that I know what it is.

Al
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote