Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 14, 2005, 7:06 AM   #1

Here's the tree the kids were climbing in...

Since there isn't much to give perspective,I set my camera bag on the tree...it's about 7 feet off the ground!

(bigger photo)

MarkFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2005, 10:58 AM   #2

Nice shot Mark,,,the green and nice blue sky set it off nicely,,,gotta ,love kodak color....

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 1:47 PM   #3

Magnificent,Mark..that's a heck of a tree! I'm going salmon fishing this summer on Vancouver Island..and we are going to tour some old growth forests...I may wear out my camera..lol.(I love trees)
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 2:38 PM   #4

ThanksBrian - gotta love our early morning New Brunswick skys - nice and blue. Almost looks like a polorizer effect. I did have my UV filter on, but I don't think it would have much effect on the colours.

Lisa - This park has several pine trees that are about the same size...not many pines left around here that are this size. I'm sure the old growth forests in BC will dwarf this one though.

Mark
Old May 14, 2005, 6:07 PM   #5

Great picture thanks for posting.That bigger picture really is bigger ..lol

TommysDad

Thats what I like about the people in this forum, Mark said he was going to get a better picture of the tree..and there it is.Thank you
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 8:01 PM   #6

Mark, great shot, beautiful colors. What a majestic old tree. I hope it stands for at least another 400 years.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 10:01 PM   #7

Wonderful picture Mark!! That sky looks almost like you used a Cokin filter on it the way it fades from dark to light. Thank you for the photo. I love to see that somethings are worth preserving and some folks care enough to do it.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 6:40 AM   #8

Thanks for all the comments...

I'm not sure how I got the sky such a dark shade of blue...I took the photo at around 8am, facing south. Maybe I got the exposure a bit off - it was a really nice clearmorning, but I don't think the sky was quite _that_ blue.

Mark
Old May 16, 2005, 6:48 AM   #9

Kodak makes no bones about the fact that their point-and-shoot cameras play with the colors using the Kodak Color Science chip.

I'm guessing that the Kodak Color Science parameters were set after many people literally over several generations provided feedback on what they want in pictures.

Many skies in my snapshots look as though I've used a polarizing filter, with that deep blue-to-light effect. Everything is a little more colorful than nature and a little warmer. I'm pretty sure that's what people like... at least, I do.

The effect (but not the quality of my shots) is actually quite close to the glory days of National Geographic, when Ektachrome originals were printed with slightly enhanced coloration.

Dave
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote