Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:22 PM   #11

Greetings,

Glad you were able to remove the program. If you have any more trouble, let us know. I will be here for you.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:54 PM   #12

Ronbaird wrote:
Quote:
Greetings,

Glad you were able to remove the program. If you have any more trouble, let us know. I will be here for you.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ron,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Maybe you can help me. I installed version 5 from the CD that came with my Z612. I have been trying to upgrade to version 6. I downloaded the install.exe file and launched it. It now tries to download the upgrade file (I think its about 40MB) but after some time, the download stops and an error occurs.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I've tried several times and still keep getting the same result.

Is there anyway I can get the whole 40MB+ file from some site, download it as one file and then install, as if you were installing from the EasyShare CD?

Gary
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:56 PM   #13

Does anyone know how to run the EasyShare software without admin rights? I installed the latest version, 6.2, thinking that would fix the problem. No such luck. It's a pain having to switch the kids' accounts to admin and then back to limited rights just to download pics from their cameras. Also, does anyone know if the software from other camera brands requires the same thing? If not, it may be time to upgrade cameras anyway.

Thanks!
PieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 3:19 PM   #14

Greetings Bayani,

I am afraid that Kodak does not distribute the entire file as a download. Rather, it will give you the install and direct you to our site. Your best bet is to try the download later in the evening, and click Run. That will download and install the program directly.

If you run into trouble you can contact me directly. I may be able to get you a CD so you install directly from your machine.

Let me know how you make out.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:28 PM   #15

Greetings PieDog,

I can appreciate your need, but I am afraid that EasyShare software is not a multiuser licenesed program. Since it isn't it will not work in that way on your system.

You might try changing the location on your hard drive wherethe pictures are downloaded. I believe that Windows will allow you to share files in the 'Share' folder. So in the EasyShare software try resetting the location on your hard drive to the Share folder. Have one of your kids logon and download pictures, then you take some pictures and also download, making sure they are in a folderunderthe Share folder. See if you can both see the images you just downloaded.

Open the EasyShare software and click on 'tools' then on 'Preferences.' On that screen choose 'Transfer.' At the bottom of the screen is a place where you can select a location on your computer. browser to the Share folder and the folder you have created for receiving your pictures, i.e. ESS Pictures or whatever you like. Once you have completed this change try the above process.

Good luck, let me know how you make out.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:22 PM   #16

Ronbaird wrote:
Quote:
Greetings Bayani,

I am afraid that Kodak does not distribute the entire file as a download. Rather, it will give you the install and direct you to our site. Your best bet is to try the download later in the evening, and click Run. That will download and install the program directly.

If you run into trouble you can contact me directly. I may be able to get you a CD so you install directly from your machine.

Let me know how you make out.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ron,

That's too bad that you can't get the whole install files from a website.

In any case, I did it the way Kodak has it set up and was able to complete the download and install the system.

A bit inconvenient but got it done.

Is there a reason Kodak does not simply upload the files to a site and make life simpler?

Gary
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:56 PM   #17

Greetings Bayani,

Not sure of the particulars, but I suspect it is so the software can be ubiquitous. Also, it am guessing that it would take about 75 meg of space to get everything downloaded and read for installation. That is an awfully long time. It is also quite a bit more than if you allow the installation to take place via the web. There are a lot of users out there that do not have cable or DSL so you can imagine the amount of time to download the entire thing. CDs are availble from the Kodak store.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Old Mar 4, 2007, 5:21 PM   #18

Ronbaird,

Appreciate you taking the time to reply. I already have the files sync-ed to the share folder so all the pics are in one spot. The problem is just getting EasyShare to run correctly and sync at all without admin rights. Even for my account I need to give myself adminrights or it won't download from the camera. I've since read on a few other sites that EasyShare is just one of several "misbehaving" apps that require admin rights to run correctly. Looks like the only fix is to wait for an upgrade to fix it or use another program.

Thanks!
PieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 3:42 PM   #19

I'm having a maybe a related problem with EasyShare. I'm trying to install the Sierra Game "eragon" on my pc. Installing the game CD and clicking intall launches the EasyShare installer instead????? I've tried the option within the Easyshare installer it to remove Easyshare, which it supposedly did, but when I again tried to run the Sierra CD again, EASYSHARE pops up now only to confirm that I wish to install it instead. This software sucks!!!! My concern with running the Clear application is the picture files that have been downloaded from my camera. Where are they stored, and how can I be sure that I won't lose them?
hankus42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 10:29 PM   #20

Just move them to a new folder and be sure tha easyshare is not the default program for viewing Jpeg files. Then they won't be bothered...or do what I do every day...download them to a CD and also to a backup CD. Always have at least two copies in case one of them screws up!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote