Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 15, 2005, 10:43 PM   #1

I have read a lot about problems INSTALLING EasyShare under XP and Win2k, but I was unable to find anyone with my same problem.

EasyShare will NOT uninstall, no matter what I do. I am running Win2k, installed it without a hitch to load some pics from a friend's digital onto my computer, and now I want it gone. It's the worst piece of software I've ever seen, with no way to turn off running on startup and all that stuff.

I tried uninstalling it through Windows, and clicked Remove, and it went to the install file and tried to have me install it again. I went through with that and it - bizarrely - said "Uninstall successful!"... and then I checked it out in the Program Files and it was all still there. Every bit of it. So I looked back on the Add/Remove Programs, and it was gone from the list! So I had to reinstall the whole thing just to get it back on the list so I could try taking it off again.

This time I clicked "Change", and it had an option for "Remove" under that. I clicked it, and followed through with it, and it said "Uninstall successful" once again. Then I once again checked it out in Program Files...

IT'S STILL THERE.

It didn't just leave behind a folder with a few user settings. Every single bit of it is still on my computer, and I am sick of it!

Has anyone else ever had this problem, or can anyone help me out here? I would like to say I know a fair amount about computers, and Windows, and I can't figure it out... any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
hastetheday777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2005, 11:07 PM   #2

By happenstance, I saw a mention ofKodak utility for removing Easyshare on some newsgroup -- after poking around the Kodak site, sure enough there is a "Clear" program,at http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...rUtility.jhtml

Maybe this will help.
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 11:13 PM   #3

I didn't have the same problem with XP. Try the utility DGehman suggested and if that doesn't work try looking further in the posts here as some others have asked the same question. Hope it helps and good luck!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 10:59 PM   #4

kodak has a removal tool on their site ...
pfeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:11 PM   #5

I HAVE HAD MORE PROBLEMS WITH EASYSHARE THAN ANY OTHER PROGRAM EVER!

FROM THE BEGINNING AFTER INSTALL IT DOUBLED MY START-UP TIME. AFTER PLAYING WITH THIS NIGHTMARE PROGRAM FOR A DAY ,I TRIED TO UNINSTALL.FROM MY ADD/REMOVE.I RUN WINN2K.I USED THIS UNINSTALL AND LOST MY E-MAIL, TRIED A 2nd TIME AND LOST THE FUNCTION OF MY KEYPAD! I RESTARTED TWICE AND THINK EVERYTHING IS BACK, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW,OR WHY. THIS FIX WORKED,IN THE STRANGEST WAY. EASYSHARE IS LIKE HERPIES,IT JUST WON'T GO AWAY.I THINK I'TS FINNALY GONE, (FOR NOW) THANKS FOR THE FIX.
kkirchner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2007, 1:47 PM   #6

Greetings,

Sorry you had so much trouble.

Actually, the program should run well? I should be around here more often now, so if you should run the program in the future, and need help, I will watch this thread to help if I can.

For the number of installations of the software it is surprisingly successful. There are quite a few million users.

Regardless, using the clear feature was the right thing to do for you. You noted that you deleted the program yet it came back to haunt you. This might happen if you are not the administrator of your system, ie you installed it at work or there are other users on a home network.

Talk to you soon, or see you around the forum.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:56 PM   #7

Easyshare is a useless program that like a bad virus I can not get rid of. To the kodack rep, howbout you give us some help on how to get rid of this problem program instead of promoting itto people who are fed up with it? Now that I've cleared that up, how can I get rid of easyshare? ALL OF IT.
angrygrapicartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 5:15 PM   #8

Greetings Angry,

Glad to help.

Tellme more about your computer and its attributes so I can be sure to help you fully. Since the program is not uninstalling completely, I am going to guess that possibly you do not have full rights to your system? As I noted, are you the owner of the computer and do you have full rights to it? That can make a difference.What version of Windows are you running? How about RAM, HD space, and connections?

Also, what Kodak products are you using with it? Did you get the program froma Picture CD, download, or CD that came with the product?

You should be able to remove EasyShare from your system by using the Windows Add/Remove feature you noted. The clear utility that was mentioned will remove any residual files from your system.

If you have full admin rights to your system, give the process another try. Once you have removed the program from Windows, go to the following URL that will help you remove anything that remains.

http://www.kodak.com/go/clear

Let me know how you make out and if you were able to remove the program. Also, be sure to let me know the details.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:51 PM   #9

Ronbaird wrote:
Quote:
Greetings Angry,

Glad to help.

Tellme more about your computer and its attributes so I can be sure to help you fully. Since the program is not uninstalling completely, I am going to guess that possibly you do not have full rights to your system?
Quote:
You should be able to remove EasyShare from your system by using the Windows Add/Remove feature you noted. The clear utility that was mentioned will remove any residual files from your system.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Quote:
EasyShare Users,
Quote:
I have had no problems installing and then uninstalling EasyShare. I've done it on two different laptops with no issues at all.
Quote:
One thing you do need to do after every uninstall is run the Kodak application Clear.exe.
Quote:
You also need to be the "Administrator" of your computer system to be able to have full access. If you don't, I'd suggest you get the Administrator to do the uninstalling.
Quote:
The only problem I had was in trying to upgrade to Ver. 6. Many times, when downloading the upgrade, the installing stops and I get an error message.
Quote:
Ron, maybe you can guide me on how to do this. Can I download the whole ver. 6 file instead of just the setup file that then connects to the Internet and downloads the balance of the application?
Quote:
Gary
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 5:02 PM   #10

Thanks guys. Heres what happened. For some reason the program was messing up corel. I do have full admin rights, I checked to make sure everything was set correctly. I tried add remove, it showd the program as removed, but when I restarted, it was still there. The program was installed from a pic. CD, so I tried to delete it useing the cd. Didnt work. THEN I checked my processes, and found that easyshare was running. For some reasoneasyshare started its processes upon computer start up. I ended the process and was able to uninstall.

So to everyone who cant uninstall easyshare, check your processes, and make sure its not running.
angrygrapicartist is offline   Reply With Quote