Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 15, 2005, 10:59 PM   #1

Saw a good shot of color poppies at our local garden center. We call it the flower museum. Anyone for a $900 maple tree? How about cobblestones at $9 each -- your average walkway would only be $63 a foot...

Anyway, after taking it off the camera, I noticed the purple wool glove. Only in New England would anyone think it's normal to slip on your gloves to go buy summer flowers...

Attached Images

DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2005, 12:21 AM   #2

That glove is a little strange, but not as strange to me as the prices. Geez!! I'll stick to my weeds, wildflowers and grass walkway before I payed that much!!! LOL Nice clear photos Big D.
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 9:52 AM   #3

Still, it's a nice place.

CAUTION! Try not to hurt your neck looking at the panorama below (made with Autostitch) - I'm running it vertically so you don't have to scroll right all the way to Madagascar to see it.

And this is only 1/4 of the whole thing -- just the perennial patch. Nobody came in by helicopter on this particular day, so I couldn't cadge a ride and get an aerial view...

Many of the people you see in this picture were actually buying things...

(A final note - it took several minutes to get out ofour parking space. A lady driving a fine upscale machine attempted to pull into our space before we could back out.Shewouldn't relinquish an inch, glaring at us as we backed and filled enough to clear her megabumper).

Attached Images

Old May 16, 2005, 10:14 AM   #4

Good stuff DG the Autostitch is quite a tool. To bad about the "Road Rage" in the parking lot.

Al
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 10:21 AM   #5

I hurt my neck on that one. Awesome job there DGehman. I only saw a couple of places where it needed some blending. Great shot!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 11:20 AM   #6

Thanks, A & BD- re: the blending - yep, I just let Autostitch do its thing. Haven't learned how to run the controls on it yet.

It's an awesome utility -- a little way in from the left (top?), you can see a guy with a blue sweater walking away from the camera. Two shots overlap there, and Autostitch took bits of both, but actually tossed away any double image of the guy.

That's a good thing, because on one of them, it kinda looked like he had a serious bladder problem... far right, below

Plus, it would have helped tremendously if I had used a tripod. It's almost a 270 degree pan, and by the time I took the last shot (of the shop/office/house) I had really raised my camera quite a bit. You can see the bottom margin creeping up and into the view...

Attached Images

Old May 16, 2005, 8:47 PM   #7

Nice shots DG. autostitch did a good job of blending around the guy in blue. I downloaded the utility, now i just gotta try it.
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 9:00 PM   #8

Great shots,DG!..ahem..up herewe were still wearing our woolies last week..lol
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 9:10 PM   #9

Thanks. Wow - just looked you up on the map. Birches? Hemlock? Jack & white pine?

According to our weather maps, your town is where we get our brilliant, crystal clear blue skies from, midwinter, crisp fall days, even some grand cool days of summer.

Thanks for sending it on down.
Old May 16, 2005, 9:39 PM   #10

All of the above but the hemlock I believe..plus many many more species.Tons of trees here..you can fly up north for 2-3 hrs and see nothing but solid spruce and lakes the whole time.(it's more fun in a helicoptor lol)
..and your welcome for the blue skys..lol..your maps actually credit Minnedosa for them?? Wouldn't the jet stream get a tad upset when hearing about this..:lol:
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote