Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 21, 2005, 5:48 PM   #21

Well, to be honest with both of you, in the first shot, I had the camera in auto and let it do it's own thing. I am not real crazy about the focus of it, but I do love the color and how well it holds up to magnification. The second picture was taken in aperture priority mode, and I was much happier with it. I appreciate both of your comments, as photography is truly subjective and it is interesting to see what appeals to some and not to others. Plus, y'all both gave me good constructive feedback, which is what I am looking for, since this is all new to me. Now that I have gone digital, and seen how easy it is to experiment, I really want to learn to take those photos I wanted to take years ago with my SLR. And the shots I've seen on this forum and others, really get me psyched about it. Thanks again, guys.

Robert
gpz2zrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 7:54 PM   #22

?

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 9:34 PM   #23

I do like the second one a lot better. I am also in the learning mode and appreciate the input from all sources. the arperture priority mode is one I still need a lot of practise in before I'll be comfortable to only take one shot. I'll probably have to bracket them for a while yet. Good luck and happy shooting Robert.

Your friend the Dawg alias Edwin Nye Skinner
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2005, 7:28 AM   #24

I've been trying out some macros too... tried shooting waterdrops on leaves....

Let me know what you all think....

Attached Images

bedde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2005, 10:57 AM   #25

I like it. It looks like it was a tough one to focus. Might be a few too many leaves in the picture. The one on the right looks real good, though.

Robert
Old May 23, 2005, 11:00 AM   #26

brianhare wrote:
Quote:
?

I'm sorry, Brian. Did all my rambling lose you?:lol:I'm kinda bad about that. I'll try keep my posts more concise from now on. It'll be hard though.:G

Robert
Old May 23, 2005, 11:10 AM   #27

I Have an advantage on Brianhare being from the south and having a wife that tells a complete story when yes or no would do. I ramble on myself but they all let me, just to see which foot I'm trying to swallow today. The ART of photography is subjective. What is the photographer going for? I might want to see a subject completly different than you or anyone else. The tech only works one way but the way you approach that limitation of the tech makes the difference. IF you can follow my rambling.

Cold Snail confused DAWG
Old May 23, 2005, 11:17 AM   #28

I follow you completely, Dawg. That was my point. Also, that I appreciate any comments that can help my pictures get better.

Robert
Old May 23, 2005, 11:23 AM   #29

Same here! I've found that no matter who or where their from, or the length of time they have been doing this they have a contribution to make if they are just given a chance to do so. When you get to the subjective there is no right or wrong way, just I like it or I don't like it!! I appreciate any and all posts here as it helps my learning curve to flatten out a bit.

Dawg