Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 21, 2005, 3:40 AM   #1

Hi! Our toys are so rich in features todays that you allways can discover something new! In DX7440 (and may be in7630) there is a dedicated Close-up/Landscape button as well there is Close-up and Landscape under Scene modes. Curiously the manual states (where describing the dedicated button on top of camera) that this is not the same mode as in Scene mode. Surely I now have to check it by making 2 shots with both Landscape modes and compare the EXIF data. Who knows, may be there is some difference.
Marinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2005, 3:24 PM   #2

Marinjo...I think that is because in Manual mode you would need to use the dedicated button for closeup/distant. You can use the scenery mode for auto use.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 4:45 PM   #3

Close...........but all the scene modes are for is to set the shutter speed and aperature at a preset high/low valuefor best exposure..the macro/landscape button is only to set the focusing for either infinity(landscape) or minumum close focus (macro)....

So basically if you are doing doing a landscape shot,,set them both to landscape and the same for macro...of course you can just leave the camera in auto mode and use the macro/landscape button only......but better results are achieved using both scene and landscape/macro buttons together..

Brian

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2005, 6:17 PM   #4

Thanks, Brian. I didn't realize that. Good question, Marinjo! I think a lot of us learned something from that one.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 4:19 AM   #5

Yes, this is an interesting issue. I found in my Close up tests examining the EXIF that under Scene-Close up the camera does everything for you-the aperure priority, focusing and everything else (Daylight, when in Flowers Close up, or Auto WB when in Close up). Brian, I don't think you need to press the dedicated Close up button too,when you allready are in Scene- close up: everything is allready done by camera. One should press the dedicated Close up/ Landscape when you want to shoot this way in any other than Scene mode- auto or manual modes. Now the camera takes care only about proper focusing, the other settings, like the best exposure metering mode, WB, aperture or shutter you must choose by yourself.

God and Brian forgive if I'm wrong!!!
Old May 22, 2005, 4:31 AM   #6

Hi

I don't tend to post here - spend most of my time on EasySharers - but thought you might be interested in the info I prepared in the attached link:

http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/1-about313.html

Also, finally Kodak have started putting some of this info in their manuals - se the new V550's:

http://wwwuk.kodak.com/global/en/ser...7170/7176#IX67

Hope this is of use...

IDM
IanMiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 4:46 AM   #7

Hello Ian. Glad you stopped by!!

ED
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 10:38 AM   #8

Marinjo,,,,you could be right,,,mine doesn`t have scene modes,,,so i was going by what i heard,,,which sometimes doesn`t count for a lot,,lol

Brian
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 1:54 PM   #9

Yes, our research work is quite entertaining, but that's what should be done by Kodak and need to be placed in manuals. The table made by Ian (I followed the link) is what should be found in every manual- it's interesting but that would save our precious time.
Old May 22, 2005, 2:29 PM   #10

I think if Kodak hired IanMiddy to do research, they could improve every camera in their line!!! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote