Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 23, 2005, 7:54 PM   #11

Good shots TD. I like the war memorial best.
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2005, 8:54 PM   #12

Great shots, TD.

I really like the windfarm. A guy that lives just a few miles from me sells them, I'll have to investigate.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 12:51 AM   #13

What is it with you Bob!! Now you want the biggest fan in Indiana!! LOL

DAWG

I'm lookin forard to those pics too Paul! Now you can use PS to confuse me!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 8:00 AM   #14

alandjo wrote:
Quote:
Very good shots TD, I enjoyed the flying rats the most. I had not known about the Cenotaph so looked it up on the internet which led to a poem (about WW 1) whichis very good also. The poem is "Evening whispers on the Somme"

Al

Thanks Al,the black panels that you can see on the sides of the monument have on them the names of people who lost their lives in both world wars.The names of 2 of my relatives are on the monument.I only know the story of 1,my Great Uncle Jerry Caine,he was a navigator and his plane (Lancaster Bomber)was shot down whilst delivering munitions to the French resistance.The Ministry of Defence only released information of where he was buried only a few years ago,as the mission wasdeemed "sensitive".We learned ofhis whereabouts due to research on the web.It turned out that a boy who witnessed the crash,grew up to become the Mayor of the town nearwhere the plane crashlanded.Oneday I plan to visit his grave when funds allow.Thank you for the interest.

Quote:
Great Pics. So now for the newbie question.... How did you come up with the settings you used?
Steve
I just shot the pics in Smode,playing with the shutterspeed settings ,(Iused the thumbwheel to skip through the settings,when yousee the Shutter settings turn yellow,Autofocus & auto exposure will kick in and you get the green dot and your good to go).What you don`t see is the 20 or so other pictures that didn`t turn out how I wanted.Same with the War memorial,lots of pictures at different settings,(Exposure, multi pattern, center-weight,center spot)I cant say use this or that setting as it varies from picture to picture,subject etc.You can only tell whats good when you get them on your PC.I learn new things everyday,mainly from the people in this forum.Digital film is free after you buy the memory card.Keep your batteries fully charged and take your camera with you everywhere,,I do.

I would think nothing of taking up to 100 pics in my parents garden,experimenting with different settings

I learned a lot from these sites ,mega pixel has useful articles and tips on exposure metering

http://www.megapixel.net/html/articles.php

http://luminous-landscape.com/ ( understanding series , and tutorials)

Photoshop ,,,

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/home.htm

http://www.hertz-ladiges.com/modules...x&catid=13 (excellent tutorials on photoshop)

http://www.lonestardigital.com/

I hope this helps someone in the quest for that "Special Kodak Moment"

TD

If I have made any mistakes on explanationsplease someone correct me ...I know somebody will,,:G:G:G

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 10:16 AM   #15

Thanks for the links TD. It seems as if there aren't enough hours in the day to shoot photos deal with family buisness or work and then have time to surf the internet. Most of the little time I seem to have these days is spent here on this forum. I greatly appreciate the links you and others have provided as they are at this time the only other way I have of improving my meager skills. So a very big thank you, to you, from me......

The BigDawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 4:52 PM   #16

Thanks for the tips and links!..I'm starting to get a little brave and move out the automatic and try the the other options..you guys are great here for sharing your ideas and pics..Thanks again!
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 5:14 PM   #17

TD, thanks for the links and the explanation. I've had some kind of digital camera fro the past 9 years or so, but he 6490 is the 1st with programable settings that I've had the guts to try playing with. Finding this forum has been great for it's wealth of info and 6490 enthusiasts.
Steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 11:36 AM   #18

These are some really great pictures TD,I need to get mine sized and posted from my weekend.I do believe yours came out better than mine though !! For some reason no matter where I put my settings I couldn't get a green light,so I just took them anyway !!! I finally ended up going back to P mode:? Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote