Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 26, 2005, 10:29 AM   #11

I also wish him also a safe journey and a speedy return.You must be so proud.
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 2:33 PM   #12

Bob, he will be in all our thoughts and prayers.Semper Fi.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 6:38 PM   #13

Thank you everyone, for your kind words and thoughts. I will be sure to pass along all of your best wishes to my Son. Yes, We are very proud of him and all of his fellow Service Men and Women.

Thank you again

Your friend Bob

SEMPER FI
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:14 PM   #14

Bob...............My Son after four years as a United StatesMARINE. and a tour to Afgan. He is now in the Arizona National Guard and in IRAQ.

Semper Fi

sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:45 PM   #15

Thanks for posting the pic sw2cam. I wish him a safe return, and I will keep him in my thoughts. You must be very proud of him. I know i am proud of all of our young men and women in service to our country.

oorah and SEMPER FI

Bob
Old Jun 19, 2005, 10:31 AM   #16

Bob..................the proudest day in my life was when I went to my Sons graduation. He walked the same walk took the same steps that I did when I was a young MARINE. There is something about MARINES that differ them. If it's the Look the additude or just what they have doneor are going to do I'm not sure what it is. I know when I was a kid growing up, the men in my neighborhood that had been in the Corps were different from the other men. I wanted to be like them. I took the oath to be a MARINE in 1967 and have never looked back. When my Son went in the Corps he went with four of his friends, they all went in together. Maybe some of me rubbed off on these kids. I'd like to think so at least. I found MARINES to be the harshest, and kindest people. He will make you proud. He has no choice in the matter. Afterall he is a UNITED STATES MARINE.

Bob this is something you may want to read to understand your Son and his Corps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...arines#Mission
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 6:37 PM   #17

Thanks for the link, sw2cam. I read thru the material there, and enjoyed it. Watching my son graduate in San Diego was awesome. I've never seen anything like it before. I was never in the military, but I now wish i would have joined. He is a different young man than when he left 2 years ago, but the changes are positive.He came home from Okinawa this week to get married to his high school sweetheart and he leaves the 28th of this month for desert training and then on to Iraq. I wish your son God speed and a safe return. i also wish the same thing for his 4 friends. God bless them all.

Semper Fi

Bob