Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 30, 2005, 12:38 PM   #1

Hello all,

Does anyone know what the sustained write capability for the DX6490 is??
(write speed to the SD Card)

I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

HELP HELP...
bedde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2005, 10:15 PM   #2

I have not the foggiest notion as to what the answer is to that one bedde. But we'll keep you bumped up to the top of the recent posts until we get an answer.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 11:10 PM   #3

See I told you. I know this is not the answer that you are looking for but Steve's review of the 6490 gives a 0.65 seconds from click to capture and a <2 second time between shots.

Dawg

Try this post for a good explanation of SD cards read times.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...15&forum_id=52

Also this part of Steve's forums may get you a faster answer. In the mean time keep checking and we'll keep trying. Also Why do you need this info. Are you thinking of getting a UltraII card?
Old Jun 2, 2005, 8:53 AM   #4

Thanks for the info, DAWG.

I am thinking of purchasing a 'bigger' SD Card for my DX6490 and was looking at the 1GB Ultra-II because of the write speed of 60x. However, I read some reviews and most of them said that this card was incompatible with the DX6490.

Also, is it also possible to use a 1GB SD card on the DX6490?? My manual only mentions a max capacity of 512MB.

I also noticed, that KODAK offers their 1GB SD Card as an accessory for the DX6490. So I guess I can use a 1GB card; but not just any, because the write speed of ...x plays an important role.

So I was wondering what the max write speed to SD Card was on the DX6490 in terms of ...x speed or MB/sec.
And maybe if someone can help on finding out what the write speed is for the KODAK 1GB SD Card.

Thanks again.

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Try this post for a good explanation of SD cards read times.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...15&forum_id=52

Also this part of Steve's forums may get you a faster answer. In the mean time keep checking and we'll keep trying. Also Why do you need this info. Are you thinking of getting a UltraII card?
Old Jun 2, 2005, 9:54 AM   #5

I went to Kodak site and did search of memory and got this. It looks like the Kodak cams will not be able to makes use of the faster memory cards. Having said that: I did get a 1gig high speed card for my DX7590 and it does work but I guess it works at the camera's normal speed. lol It looks like the Kodak cameras are only having problems with the one manufacturer of these cards (see the ans below).

I hope this helps.

Question:

When I use a SanDisk Ultra II SD 256 MB memory card in my EasyShare digital camera, it does not work or corrupts the image. What should I do?

Answer:
Answer last updated:05-16-05

SanDisk Ultra II SD memory cards are designed to optionally operate at a lower voltage. They can be written and read at faster speeds in Ultra-enabled devices. The EasyShare digital cameras are designed to operate, write, and read SD cards at normal voltage speeds. There is no advantage to using faster memory in these cameras.
If you own an EasyShare digital camera and are experiencing issues with image corruption while using the SanDisk Ultra II SD 256MB card with one of the technology date codes listed below, visit SanDisk or call 1.866.SAN.DISK (1.866.726.3475). (The technology date code is printed on the back, or non-labeled, side of the card near the bottom, or non-connector, edge.)

Technology Date Codes
  • AR0309PB [/*]
  • AR0310PB [/*]
  • AR0311PB [/*]
  • AR0312PB [/*]
  • AR0309PC [/*]
  • AR0310PC [/*]
  • AR0311PC [/*]
  • AR0312PC [/*]
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 10:04 AM   #6

Thanks for answering this post Dave! I knew there was someone smarter than me out there with the answer. Course almost everyone out there is smarter than me...... LOL !!

Dawg
Old Jun 2, 2005, 4:09 PM   #7

Ty DAWG.

Maybe I just got lucky on that answer. LOL
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 7:58 PM   #8

Luck or not thanks.

Dawg
Old Jun 3, 2005, 6:12 AM   #9

bedde, I use a 1GB card in my 6490 (on sale from www.ecost.com, and I am not affiliated in any way). It works great. I can cram 766 pictures at Best setting.
Steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:29 AM   #10

Thanks for the info all!!

SYoggy,
Can you tell me what/which 1GB card you're using or hav purchased from ecost??

syoggy wrote:
Quote:
bedde, I use a 1GB card in my 6490 (on sale from www.ecost.com, and I am not affiliated in any way). It works great. I can cram 766 pictures at Best setting.
Steve