Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:10 AM   #1

I recently purchased a Z740 and would like to purhase a telephoto lens. I tried using a Yashikor 1:4 lens thatI purchased a few years agobut the photos come out a little blurry. I used the 45.5 to 55 mm adapter that came with Z740.Does anyone know what type of lens may fit the Z740? I also noticed the telescoping lens on the Z740 also has threads, should I find an adapter and mount the lens on this instead?
Herschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:20 AM   #2

I found out to my loss that matching add-on lenses to point-and-shoot lenses is not straightforward. (Bought a Raynox wide angle for my DX7630 that resulted in blurred edges, sold it for a $20 loss, and bought the Kodak Retinar w/a -- plenty of barrel distortion, but good focus almost to the very edges. The Raynox on other cameras provided superior shots - the mix of my lens and the Raynox did not work).

My experience: either buy mail order from a place that will take returns, or buy only in a store, where you can try the lens on your camera.

As for mounting, Kodak will get back to you quickly if you ask directly. Guessing only (your mileage may vary), the gearing and mechanism for the retractable lens is only barely strong enough for the prime lens alone. I wouldn't hang anything extra off of it.

Dave

DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:17 PM   #3

It seems that several on this forum have had success with the Olympus TCON 17. I may just give it a try.
Herschel is offline   Reply With Quote