Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 5, 2005, 6:59 PM   #1

If I buy a Sandisk 512MB Ultra II SD Memory card for my Kodak Z740 will I notice a significant increase in speed? It is taking about 7-8 seconds for a picture to download into my current plain old PNY SD memory card. From what I read, regular cards have a transfer rate of about 2 Mb/sec. The Ultra II has a transfer speed of about 10 Mb/sec. Will I get that speedup on my Z740?

Thanks.
Tom
cheeesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:32 PM   #2

check out this posting:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=18
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:34 PM   #3

I read that post before. I am wondering specifically about the Z740 and am hoping, since it is a new product, that it will use the faster memory. I noticed in the reviews that the reviewer experienced 2-3 sec download times using a 32X (5 Mb/sec?) Lexar memory. That is much better than the download speed I get.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:51 PM   #4

I received the following response from Kodak:

"Thank you for your recent visit to the Kodak Web site and question about EASYSHARE Z740 Zoom Digital Camera.This camera is designed to operate, and write and read SD cards at normal voltage speeds. There is no advantage to use faster memory in this camera."

An interesting note - both Best Buy and Costco sales people said that this camera would work faster with the faster memory.

Second interesting note - I installed a Kingston Ultimate 133X Sd card in the camera. Just like Kodak said, it did not download any faster.