Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 15, 2005, 12:45 AM   #1

I was wondering if anyone has seen the v550? How do the images look? Does the flash work good? How does the movie mode look? Thanks.
jaredp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:11 AM   #2

I recently had some experience in taking some pictures and vidoes at a bestbuy store. This is the best camera available..albeit Kodak name scared me a little but I can put that aside
jimboy435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:16 AM   #3

the best in what way?

Gubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 7:07 PM   #4

Well I printed a picture at a store(8X10) and i was amazed at the quality. I can really say that the video is an acceptable quality..when i say acceptable..i mean nothing like previous version of camera video recorder would do. The video looks more like from a digital video camera.

I also like the feature that if your picture is blurry, an icon pops up on the screen. so you can take the pics again.

Its slim and its easy to switch from pictures to video mode and start recording..I think it takes around 1.5 secs.

Its not in stock or else I would've had it in my hand..
Old Jun 17, 2005, 4:41 PM   #5

was it responsive

what was the shutter lag like

are the controls easy to navigate
Gubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 3:16 PM   #6

Shutter lag isn't bad..I mean unless you are shooting a football game and want rapid photos (less than 1 seconds)..I took repeated pictuers at 1 sec apart...The menus are pretty simple but need to consult the owners manual for some..but others are self explanatory...
Old Jun 24, 2005, 2:10 PM   #7

I bought the V550 and tried it out for 3 hours and returned it! It's a GREAT looking camera but I felt the images were a little on the soft side and there is no indication in record or playback mode of the shuuterspeed or aperture. Really weak battery also. I am going to get the Casio Z750. P.S Do NOT ever buy a Digital Camera from BEST BUY! They will charge you a 15% restocking fee if you want to return it!
mmdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:43 AM   #8

mmdrummer wrote:
Quote:
I bought the V550 and tried it out for 3 hours and returned it! It's a GREAT looking camera but I felt the images were a little on the soft side and there is no indication in record or playback mode of the shuuterspeed or aperture. Really weak battery also. I am going to get the Casio Z750. P.S Do NOT ever buy a Digital Camera from BEST BUY! They will charge you a 15% restocking fee if you want to return it!
You may always set the "Sharpness" to "high" if you think too soft. Its on the first level menu. Or you could preset it in "user scene". What other fully auto DC in the markert have the shutter/aperture info being displayed on the preview LCD? What is such info used for if you can't control it (no manual shutter/aperture controls). Battery is not the best, but certainly acceptable at about 120pics per charge (no reviewing). A spare battery would add about 15g to your pockets loading.
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:04 PM   #9

Some V550 sample pictures, if you can read Japanese, or if you can read images
http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/re...6/16/1627.html

big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote