Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:57 PM   #11

Hi Lisa,

Great pictures. I have yet to get any of ducks that are quite that crisp.

What you captured here is a Ruddy Duck. Mergansers are common here but look

very different. Keep the great shots coming.:-)

Co-worker Jon
aurora551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:01 PM   #12

Thanks Jon..my mistake once again....my bird book has the merganser as the picture above not the one underneath it which quite clearly states it's a Ruddy.Being on a day off must have my brain muddled..you know all day with nothing to do..maybe I'll go practicing.Good to hear from you on here!Have a great day(working):blah:
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 2:33 PM   #13

Lisa thats a couple great shots and I loved the video ( especially the sound of buzzing followed by the swat LOL ) Glad your enjoying the Tcon and I hope we see more soon.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 5:17 PM   #14

Don't worry, kashka. We won't get tired of seeing great pictures like these and that splendid moon shot in your other post. You're taking to that Tcon like, ahem... a duck to water. Ouch.:roll:

Robert
gpz2zrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 5:43 PM   #15

Nice shots Kashka, The tcon is really working for you. I'm glad you're having a great time and posting pics.
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:30 PM   #16

Thanks again,guys..lol..it's getting so after I take pics I am hoping there's a decent one out of the lot to show here..Have I mentioned what a great place this?..Like Dawg says..it's like an addiction.:-)
Dan..I loved the audio..he was just a cackling and grunting..and the way he kept slapping the water with his beak just killed me.He also took to fits of suddenly accelerating and scooting all over the place.I wish I could have caught that..lol.I didn't think I'd care about the video part of the 6490 but it has come in handy..at family get togethers(and do we ever laugh after) and times like with this duck...Most of the family are nature freaks and now I can show them things like this...which is much easier than describing verbally.
Robert..you quack me up..(ooh..that was worse)..:lol:
lisa
Old Jun 17, 2005, 11:05 PM   #17

I was interested in getting a monopod and wondered if you got yours from a supplier on the net? Also in your shopping for one did you see any that had a pointed pin for traveling in rough ground?

Pablo
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 12:05 AM   #18

I bought mine off ebay..nothing fancy but it had the swivel head..spiked foot and funny wirelike brace at the bottom that you can stand on for extra support. I only bought there because in the city near where I live they only had two..with none of the above features and they wanted too much for them also.I have seen there are monopod walking sticks..with the spiked foot...and very lightweight..but if I recall they are pricy.
I googled monopod and it's surprising whats out there..you should have a better choice living in the US..you won't get stuck with duty,taxes and handling fees like we do when we order something from across the line. Good luck!:-)
lisa