Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:11 PM   #1

This guy put a bit of a show on for me..he was a good distance away so he could show off..lol..I also tried out the video of him..Warning..6mb file (if you're interested).:-)
lisa
Attached Images

kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:13 PM   #2

#2 of Mr.Pin
Attached Images

Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:16 PM   #3

..and the last one...btw..the url for the video is http://www.prairie.ca/~mrsluzhnee/pintail.mov (turn your speakers on..I hope this works)
Attached Images

Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:47 PM   #4

WOW!!! That is very good, I especially enjoyed the video. Have never seen a duck colored like this one. Would you tell me how to set up a video like you did to show it on the forum?

Pablo
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:39 PM   #5

Beautiful shots Kashka. Those colors are right on. I like the 2nd one, it's as if he is saying Hey, Look at Me, LOL. So I take it you like your TCON?

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:57 PM   #6

Oops..I lied...I thought he was a pintail but I just checked..Common Merganser..but whatever his name I llike his blue beak.This is a learning experience all around..lol.
Thanks Pablo..his colours are something,eh...The video,which I also used my tcon with(resting against the windowframe of the truck) was uploaded to my host ISP (via FTP) and then I just post the url. My ISP allows a certain amt of storage so I save quite abit of stuff there in case the laptop decides to pack it in .
Bob so farI love it..lol..can you tell? I had some doubts at the beginning because my first few were very blurry and I didn't think I would want to use a tripod for everything.But these were just taken with it resting against the window and I am so far happy with that.:-)..but then again...Mr.Merganser was putting on a show and that helped..lol
lisa
Old Jun 17, 2005, 1:07 AM   #7

Great pics Lisa. A very unusual, At least to me, Duck. Love the colors of his beak and back. You don't always need the tripod with the TCON lens but it will be a neccesity when you don't have a brace handy. No matter how you hold it then, you'll never be quite as steady as you would with a tripod. Good shooting from a soon vavating.....

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 7:29 AM   #8

Very nice. That Tcon likes you.

Nice colors and captures.

More: I just watched the MOV. great job!

cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:49 AM   #9

You seem to be taking to the Tcon very well. Those are fantastic shots. Could you give us an estimate of how far away he was? Just curious. Again, nice shooting.

Robert
gpz2zrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:24 PM   #10

Thanks guys!..I think I am hooked...I think I am going to be outside alot this year..lol.Dawg,I picked up a monopod just for this..now another tool to learn..Have a wonderful time vavating..:-)
Dave and Robert..thanks for the kind words..you may get tired tho of me posting too much in the future...lol.Robert i think I was about..oh I am so bad at guesstimating but perhaps 75-100 ft..I did do some cropping and was happy with the detail at the distance..I believe I was full zoom..(I shut off the digital ).Still practicing...
lisa