Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 20, 2005, 7:45 AM   #11

The problem is solved. It was dued to Norton SystemWorks Premium 2005.

I had a Ghost Image file and I restored it. In this ghost file I hadn't the Norton SystemWork 2005 installed yet. So, I have installed the software camera and... ¡¡Buala!! I've seenthe two directories (internal memory and card SD directory). Later, I have installed the Norton and the camera drive letter has crashed.

Because all people need an Antivirus and I paid for this software I have to maintain all two Windows installed (one with antivirus and the other one without it).

Have anyone had the same problem with Norton 2005 (with Norton 2004 it doesn't happen)?
Salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:41 PM   #12

I know this is off topic from photography but...IMO and many other computer geeks opinions...money is not the root of all evil, Norton is ! Norton is pure Bloat-ware and takes up so many resources from your pc and slows it down and I have a gig of ram ! I have tested so many antiviruses and the one that takes up the least is Nod32 and as far as correcting problems in the registry? I use tuneup utilities 2004, its better than win doctor that norton provides and for a firewall? Sygate personal firewall pro and the lite version is free...you'll notice your boot up time is sooo much faster....My reason for telling you this is that I have tested these anitvirus, firewalls etc for over a year and in my opinion....Norton used to be good at one point but now? Run...run...as fast as you can. Kaspersky...Nod32...MKS-Av (russian) are among the best and wont screw up yer pc like that nasty Norton will......
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:20 PM   #13

I use Norton Antivirus only. I use Zone Alarm Pro as a firewall.I don't use any other Norton software due problems it caused. The antivirus works well for me.

tsims
tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 2:29 PM   #14

Are you using Norton Antivirus 2005?

A list of incompatibilities between all software/hardware should exist because the software is not cheap and too many people is a dummy in front of the PC. I have alternatives, I am not an amateur in my PC home but there are people that only know double click on Microsoft office.

In fact, if there weren't any forums (thanks you for all) I would thought that my camera was broken.

I will test this software (Antivirus, firewall, etc) but I am sad because I throught away my money buying this software.

Old Jun 21, 2005, 2:50 PM   #15

Have a look at :- http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=12756037
this worked for me - good luck
Robstreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 3:01 PM   #16

I have Norton 2004 System Works and only use the Antivirus. I am pondering whether or not to upgrade to 2005 antivirus only.
tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 3:37 PM   #17

Using Norton Systemworks 2004 it doesn't happen. I'm thinking to uninstall one-by-one to check whatutilityfails exacty.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:17 PM   #18

I use Norton AV 04 and Sygate personal firewall with no problems. I did have major problems with EZArmor firewall and wound up reinstalling my whole system because of it.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 4:11 PM   #19

I have uninstalled Norton Ghost 9.0, Goback 4.02, Performance and Check it from my Windows XP and the camera drive letter is accesible.

So, I recommendto install Norton Antivirus 2005 and Utilities 2005 if you buy Norton Systemworks Premier 2005.

Furthermore, I recommend you don't buy Norton Systemworks Premier 2005 if youown a Kodak Easyshare camera. it has a lot of problems.

Best regards,

José Salvador