Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 18, 2005, 4:12 AM   #1

I bought my kodak DX7590 about 2 weeks ago.

In the Kodak homepageI saw a new firmware and when I tried to access to the local drive created by kodak driver a error occurs "You can access to the local drive. Access denied. Incorrect function". Looking for a solution in FAQ in the homepage I saw that if I share the local drive I could access. But me surprise were that I can't share this unit drive but the others I can.

I sent an e-mail to Kodak support about 1 week ago but there is no answer.

Can you help me?

I'm spanish and my english is no good,sorry
Salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2005, 6:31 PM   #2

Salvador its vital that you follow the instructions for the upgrade and I found it necessary to print them out and refer to them each step. It's a little confusing so print them and read them a few times before you try it again

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 6:41 AM   #3

In the instruction provided by the firmware upgrade page is a fact that you can access to the memory camera. However, I can't. I just downloaded the firmware file and I have followed all the steps (all the steps I can do). The only way to deleted the photos from the camera is by the camera menus. due to I can't acces to the memory camera I can't delete the photos from the camera throught out PC.
Attached Images

Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:03 AM   #4

Perhaps the firmware file got corrupted during the download. I would try downloading it again and starting over new

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:26 AM   #5

I can't upload the firmware to the camera. I can't access to the memory camera. This occurs since I bought.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 4:46 PM   #6

Salvador,

Are you using the Easy Share Software for the upgrade? I used my sd card to upgrade the camera without Easy Share.

I'm curious, since you caanot access you memory, you cannot transfer yourphotosto your computer, correct?

tsims
tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 5:10 PM   #7

No, no. It's very curious. WhenI turn on the camera connected to the PC the Easy share software can download the photos from de camera to the PC. However when I try to open the local drive created by the software I can't access.

It's curious that when I uninstall the software an icon with a camera is created and i can view the photos in the camera. However, I can't upload any file to the memory.

I'm trying to install Windows Me in other hard disk to check that this problem happend with Windows 2000 and XP only .
Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:52 PM   #8

I just upgrade my camera. I have installed Wme in a hard disk and I have installed the Easy share software and I access to the camera. Furthermore I have upgraded the firmware to 1.01

Now, ifI need to access to the camera I have to boot WinMe. It is a poor idea but if someone have other one bettter, please, tell me because I have installed Linux, WinXP, Win 2000 and now WinMe.

Thanks you for all.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:30 PM   #9

To me it sounds like a currupt install on xp all together if the upgrade was successful then try installing again in XP take out all info from kodak even the left over registry items....if yer unsure of this you can use regvac after you uninstall the easyshare software I had to do this one time and regvac worked just fine.....hope it helped a bit
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:58 PM   #10

I agree with Wagaboo. It's got be be an XP issue. I had to to do a reinstall of XP previously due to some boot up issues. Regvac is a good starting point. Due to my own software bias I don't use Easy Share. I use a sd card and reader and it's so much easier. Good Luck!

tsims

tsims is offline   Reply With Quote