Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 18, 2005, 12:14 PM   #1

Hi,

I have a DX7440 which I am very satisfied with. However, I can't manage to take good photos indoors. A good example is when I attend to e.g. weddings, inside a church. My pictures always get dark, even though I try to correct shutter time etc.

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can manage to take these photos?

Thanks,

Joakim
apskallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2005, 5:53 PM   #2

Hmm, am I the only one with a DX7440 having this problem?

Any help is appreciated!

Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:07 PM   #3

I have found that my on board flash doesn't do a very good job with 6490 and 7590. You may want to consider an external flash unit.

tsims

tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:18 PM   #4

Have you tried putting the iso settingup to 200 no flash, thats what I use in low light shooting. The pic will be a little grainy but at least you will have something and not just dark pictures. Good luck. Heres an example.(pic. of a ceiling).
Attached Images

MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 4:53 AM   #5

That seems like a very good advice, I will test it this weekend. Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2006, 2:43 PM   #6

I have the same results with indoor photos, but you must consider that the flash range distance it´s only 1.5 to 4.5 meters. If you want to get a clear pic...
Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 12:17 PM   #7

You can up the Exposure compensation to a +2 and if using a flash up the flash compensation to a higher value! My daughter had the same problem until I showed her how to raise the exposure and flash compensation to have a higher light level with her photo's. Then to make her day I gave her my Vivitar DF200 slave flash and a folding flash bracket for her Christmas present. It really helped her out with the recitals and plays that my granddaughters were in!

Also please have some patience with us here. We will try to help but sometimes our daily routines get in the way. I'm sure I can speak for everyone that uses this forum when I tell you that we really want to help anyone that is having a problem as that same help has been privided to each and everyone of us in the past. So have fun and please post some photos with the flash so we can see how you are doing with it!

Yore Fren

Da Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:47 PM   #8

Bump!
Old Feb 18, 2006, 3:00 PM   #9

Flash photos taken at a distances of greater than 12 feet, or roughly 3.8m do NOT have to be dark. The challenge is to both understand and get the greatest quality photos from your camera. You can:

(a) increase the ISO to compensate for the increased distance between the camera and your subject.

(b) you can add flash power to your digital camera in the form of an extral flash unit, or a slave flash unit.

(c) you can do both (a) and (b) in tandem to extend your flash range out as far as 40 feet or 12.25m

Attached is an example of a flash photo taken with a telephoto lens at 40 feet or 12.25m

MT

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:17 PM   #10

MT add the link to your tutorial too. It may aid in a better understanding of some of this! Just a thought!

Dawg