Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:40 PM   #1

Hi all, I'm a newbie to this site chalking up my 2nd post with a Kodak DX 7590 under my wing. I've had the camera for about 6 months and luv it, but need to get off "auto" sometimes and also learn more about the tricks of editing etc. Any comments on what I could try/criques would be appreciated. I'm kind of addicted to bow shots, so I guess I'll start with one!
Attached Images

PoddyMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:23 PM   #2

Nice shot, Poddy. Not being familiar with Kayaks, what is that piece in the pic?

Bob

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forums.
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:11 AM   #3

G day Bob, Thanks for the response and welcoming words. The mesh piece in the pic is a landing net, which kind of got in the way a bit :rollunless of course you're into landing nets in which case I guess the water/yak/sun got in the way a bit :-)). Any technical type tips for an "auto" shooter?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:51 AM   #4

Hello PoddyMullet and Welcome to the forum. I really like this shot. I have had my 6490 for 2 years, and I still consider myself a newbie. The folks on this site really go out of their way to help you. As for editing this pic, just a suggestion, (and by no means am I an expert !!!) I would soften the sun alittle. It kinda feels like when your in the car and you have the sun in your face and you grabbing for the visor. Your eyes seem to go right to the sun, instead of easying your eyes from the bow to the water then to your background of the mountains and the sun. What do you think? Again, really nice shot!

WVKAL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 2:27 PM   #5

Hello Pddy and welcome..Bob might be asking about the same thing I'm wondering, the blue tubular object on the bow.Carry handle, tiedown??

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:18 PM   #6

yup, that's what I meant. Looks like a handle.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 5:37 PM   #7

G Day Again, and thanks for the comments. Bob and Dan you've picked the mystery object correctly as a handle. I've got a couple of them on my yak, the rear one occaisionally gets yelled at for tangling up my fishing lures :evil:. WVKAL1, I agree with you about the sun comment, those momnets in the car when I reach for the visor are usually accompanied by that big spider dropping out on my lap as a surprise. It is a bit strong and could be softened, any tips on doing that ?
Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:05 PM   #8

There are lots of approaches. I found that if you tone down the sun you also have to change the mood or the photo or it doesn't look right.

I've been looking for a way to mount the camera on the nose of my yak so I can take pictures of any fish that happen to accidentally bite what I am throwing at them. My problem is that my one camera with a remote won't awaken from sleep using the remote. I might just make a waterproof box with something I can hit on top with the paddle to fire the camera.

Attached Images

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:23 PM   #9

Welcome to the forum PoddyM. Nice pic, keep em coming.

Mr Blue.
MrBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 5:49 AM   #10

G Day Again, Thanks for the effort slipe - makes me wander off on a future project. As for mounting a camera somehow to take the fishy pics, I did read on the net once about a guy who'd mounted a camera on a pole in his tinnie (small boat) so he could fire off some pics, similar I guess to what you're talking about. For me the fishy pics I take are at arms length, which makes some of the bigger fellas hard to fit in (allright, so that's arare occurence!!). Have you any fish pics to share?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks for the welcome also Mr Blue, much appreciated.:-)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"