Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:48 AM   #1

I have a Dx6490 and when I'm in sports mode in any type of lighting, I always get the slow shutter hand. It seems to focus ok because I get the green ok, but that slow shutter hand is always there. Is this normal or a camera problem? Should I be setting something else on the camera?

Also would anyone know if they make an eye cup for the viewfinder and where they might sell them? Thanks for any information.

Darrell

doitnthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:41 AM   #2

Are you zooming? I believe the shaking hand will also appear in the zoom mode. You have to really have a steady hand when you use full zoom.

tsims
tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:02 PM   #3

So this happens in any zoom function no matter how little zoom you use. Is that correct? Thanks
tsims wrote:
Quote:
Are you zooming? I believe the shaking hand will also appear in the zoom mode. You have to really have a steady hand when you use full zoom.

tsims
doitnthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:21 PM   #4

If you're interested in an eyecup, then check this post out. Since you can't buy one several of us went through h--l and finally found a way to make one reasonably cheap.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=18

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:35 PM   #5

I'm not certain. I do know that as you zoom the camera, digital or regular slr, it becomes more sensitive to you hand movement. I've used a zoom on an slr and you really have to brace the camera or use a monopos/tripod. At least the 6490 warns you with the icon. Does the shaking hand appear in decent light with no zoom?

tsims
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:22 PM   #6

After reading the manual and doing a little experimenting, here's what I found. The shutter speed varies on the sport mode between 1/30and 1/45. I found that pointing the 6490 directly into a brightly lit source produced 1/45 and anything less produced 1/30 the shaking hand . So, I suppose you need plenty of light to use the sport mode. I always thought you needed at least 1/60 to freeze the action. Maybe I was wrong... Further the sport mode is preset to ISO 200.

tsims