Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 27, 2005, 3:36 AM   #1

Hi all
I met up with a lady in her 60's today and she was evicted from her property because of this car and the fact she had a small decorated cross in her yard ""Back yard"" On this car are the signatures of 1,603 service men and women and 42 of which were killed in combat in Iraq. She has traveled the west coast collecting signatures of these brave men and women before they were to be shipped out and this is what she gets ? Evicted.
She is one of the sweetest lil old gals I've met in many years and didnt even have a bad word to say about the person who evicted her. She has attracted local attention and the fox network has contacted her to hear her story which should air nationally soon and to top it off when I pulled in to her camping spot we noticed a Red Tail Hawk getting attacked by some other birds because it was injured and she didnt hesitate to go and pick up this hawk and take it into her trailer to try to help it. I will try to get a picture of this sweet lady soon as she really touched me deeply with her sweet and caring heart because as we all know, there's not much of that left anymore. In my opinion, shes a hero as well....
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2005, 3:41 AM   #2

Another view

Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:36 AM   #3

Its a sad state of affairs to get evicted for something like that,,for being patriotic..

If I were to fly the Union Jack on the outside of my house ,I would be branded a racist,,apparently it would upset immigrant refugees.

Great Britain is no longer "Great" due to do-gooders and their politically correctness

I say good luck to the old lady,,she is a hero.

TD
tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:11 AM   #4

Great shots to a great story,Wagaboo..thanks for sharing.:-)
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:38 PM   #5

It is really disconcerting to see some people that spout off about being for civil rights and constitutional rights but would violate the rights of an elderly woman, just because she doesn't believe the way they do. We, in this state I live in have gone through so much turmoil in the past and learned hard leasons about the rights of the common citizen, that it sickens me to see someone's rights trampled on. Sorry, I better stop there before I get wound up and say something that might hurt someone's feelings. At least I care about that, some folks don't seem to though. And that is what burns my grits. As I said I'd better stop there.

P.O.ed Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 2:36 PM   #6

Thanks guys and I agree very much to what has been said and my belief is that, ok you may not support GWB but please dont take that out on our service men and women and the people who support them lord knows they need our support and in my opinion these are the folks who spit on the soldiers who returned from Vietnam...Just my Pi**ed off 2 cents
Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:01 PM   #7

Well, as someone who is about as liberal as they come, against the war, and hate GWB... more power to this lady!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Its the idiots who make the rest of us look bad.
Luxowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:20 PM   #8

When Ihear ofstuff like this it really burns my a**. Like Dawg said, I'm not gonna get started or we'll be here all night. What this Lady chooses to put on her car is her business and all the politically correct do nothings can go to *ell. I think it is a great way to show support for our men and women in the armed forces.

Thanks for sharing Wag.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 9:45 PM   #9

An update for all
An Idaho museum offered to buy the car for a hefty sum....but she told me " How can I sell or give away such a thing, Its priceless"
This lady is just way too sweet.:-)
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:18 PM   #10

Good for her! It's nice to see people stick to their beliefs no matter what the cost.
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote