Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:38 PM   #11

Welcome back, Dawg. Nice shots, and the frames are great. Like Dan says, please share how you do them.I think I like the 1st one best.Most important, did you have fun?

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:26 AM   #12

Had a great time guy's. Drank a little too much which caused the feet and lower legs to swell, but other than that payment to vice it went extremely well. I use a version of Photoshop Elements that came with my flat bed scanner to process my photos and it has a one button effects for frames. I noticed that the daughter of mine has PSE 3.0 and it works almost the same. So here goes, and I'll show some examples. First do all the auto levels and filters to the photo so the program has the most pixels to work with. Then resize it to 800x600 pixels. Next resize the canvas using the back ground color that you would want for a border. I, like Wagaboo, use the percentage to resize the canvas. I use 105 percent for the width and 106 percent for the heighth. Then I pic the forground color that I want to use for the frame and then hit effects and in the drop down menu pick frames. Then in the frames menu I choose the forground color frame, then hit apply. It will ask you if you want to keep that effect and if you like it choose yes. I prefer to use a color for the frame from the photo itself, seems to work pretty well. I then add whatever text that I want and then hit layers then merge visible and then go back into image and resize the whole to 800x600. Then I save it and move the slider so I get the size file I need to be able to post it here.
dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:36 AM   #13

We'll use this dummies photo as an example. He looks clueless so he won't mind.

Here I have only resized the photo to get it in the post. No processing yet.
Attached Images

Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:44 AM   #14

Here we process by using auto levels, Auto contrast. and fill flash to lighten the front of the subject and then a little unsharp mask. UGH! He's an ugly brute.
Attached Images

Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:53 AM   #15

Here we choose the border color that we want and then hit image, resize, canvas size,then change the inches to percentage in both heigth and width. Then change the width to 105 and the heigth to 106 percent. Hit OK and when it is finished you're ready to move on to the frame.

Attached Images

Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:08 AM   #16

Next I change the forground color to one that I want in the frame. For this one I'll use the color of the ball cap. A rather nice shade of crimson. Yes that will do. Then I hit the effects browser, then hit the drop down menu, choose frames, forground color then hit apply. After this you can add the text, Then save as, choose Jpeg and save. when the file size box appears move the slider to a size less than 240k or the forum will not load it. Your done.

Dawg
Attached Images

Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:16 AM   #17

Oh yeah. I almost forgot. when you're all done go back into image and resize the whole to 800x600 so it will fit better on the page. It usually resizes to 800 x 626 but that will fit nicely.

Have fun y'all

The Beach Dawg
Attached Images

Old Jun 28, 2005, 5:24 PM   #18

Thanks much, Dawg. I will have to try that. You even managed to make that "clueless dummy" look good.:-)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 7:42 PM   #19

Thanks for sharing, Dawg. I'm gonna have to get Elements and give it a try. I like those frames.

clueless dummy, did someone say clueless dummy,I resemble that remark. But Dan, I prefer to be called Tonto the Clueless, as that is my given tribal name, LOL. Given to me by Grandpa Looneynoggin.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:18 AM   #20

You're welcome guys. I like making the frames and think they give my photos a more finished look. Hope ya'll have fun playing with them. I sure do. See ya later Tonto the clueless and Dan the blue brother.

Clueless Dummy.... I.. UH... Mean ..... Dawg