Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:16 AM   #1

Dawg, Got my Vivitar DF 200 today, but I cannot get the battery door to snap shut. Any trick to it? I've tried sliding the door as far out as I can and sliding it back to clip into place but it won stay closed.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"tsims
tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:57 PM   #2

Sorry, I can't help you tsims, but I'll help keep you bumped up till Dawg sees your post.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:05 PM   #3

Thanks Bob.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:09 PM   #4

I'll look when I get home tonight Tsims! I'll post an answer about 12 midnight. I've not had any problems so far with mine and will have to look again to see if there might be a reason.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 8:13 PM   #5

Thanks. I have requested an RMA via emailfrom B&H Photo for an exchange. I think the battery door is defective on this one. I tried to slide the door into a locking position but it keeps popping open making the unit useless at this point. In the meantime, if you find something I'm missing , I'd appreciate any info.

tsims

Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:22 PM   #6

Towards the outer edge of the battery compartment there are two tabs that have to line up with the two small slots in the door. If you line these up and push down then slide the door back it will close properly . To line them up you have to pull the door out quite a bit and then the slots and the tabs will line up. Don't force it too much or ,I guess you could damage the tabs and then it won't lock in place. I knew there was a certain way to close the door but until I got home and looked I didn't want to say. The first time I tried to close the door I had the same trouble and the wife closed it with no trouble. I asked her to do it again slowly so I could see what she was doing differently than me and then noticed the tabs and slots for the first time. Duh, I thought why didn't I see that myself??? Hope this helps.

Yer friend Da Dawg
Old Jul 9, 2005, 1:18 PM   #7

Dawg,

No dice. I'm going to send it back for another unit (same one). Thank you so much for taking the time to check it out. I think see the tabs but it still won't lock into place.

tsims
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:35 PM   #8

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I guess it goes to show there are lemons in every flavor.

Dawg
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:28 PM   #9

No problem. I really like the unit, now if B& H sends me an RMA, I'kll get another. Fortunately I don't need it urgently.

tsims
Old Jul 9, 2005, 11:40 PM   #10

B&H usually come through!! It may take a bit longer to get another than it took to get the first though!! Good luck with it!!

Dawg