Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 16, 2005, 9:38 PM   #1
Pyg

I'm sure this has been done to death but I was wondering what everyone preferred and WHY.

At first I thought that Picasa2 was just a tool for doing 'light' work but the more I use it the more I like it.

I have Elements 3 and I've just started using it but I've never been a huge fan of anything Adobe put out.
Pyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2005, 9:47 PM   #2

Pyg..I have a bunch but really like Photofiltre of all of them.I had Picasa and it was alright..a friend gave me Photoshop 7..but I hardly use it..I find it too complicated(I guess I just need to buckle down someday and learn it).Besides being lazy I am cheap and go for the freebies..lol.
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 9:55 PM   #3

I use Paint shop pro 9 and it's pretty good. I know that didn't help you probably, but it will help keep you bumped up till you get your answer.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:05 PM   #4
Pyg

Bob Mevis wrote:
Quote:
I use Paint shop pro 9 and it's pretty good. I know that didn't help you probably, but it will help keep you bumped up till you get your answer.

Bob

I love and still use Paint Shop Pro 6. I know it's old but I use it mainly for web graphics, etc. plus it works very well with my Kai's power tools.

Does PSP9 have a lot of good digital photo features?
Pyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:41 PM   #5

I don't like the other Adobe products much either But have come to love photoshop after a friend gave me a copy of the full photoshop 5. I now use a cheap version of photoshop elements that came with my Scanner. Most of the photo enhancement soft ware these days will do for everyday use but photoshop is kinda the windows of photomanipulation, as most plugins are aimed at the photoshop user. Again it's really not what you use so much as how well you use it!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:38 PM   #6

Lisa, I know you said photoshop 7 but in case is is photosuite 7 platinum I could answer some questions about it.

Pablo
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:01 AM   #7

Lisa you should feel free to ask any question about photoshop or any other soft ware issues here. We would all be glad to help and in the process some of us ( Think Dawg here ) Would benifit from the answers. Or is it that you have me on the same list Pablo does??/ HUH?? Tell me now!! lol

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2005, 6:20 AM   #8

Photoshop Elements 3 could be a good choice, because it's aimed primarily on digital photo editing. As it happens frequently different soft has each it's strength. I like both- Photoshop Elements 3 and Pcasa 2. On some tasks I preffer PE 3, on other Picasa2- "Levels" in PE3, "Fill Light" in Picasa2. One thing that excells PE is ability toadd valuable plug-ins, like Focus Magic.
Marinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2005, 7:50 AM   #9

Pyg wrote:
Quote:
I love and still use Paint Shop Pro 6. I know it's old but I use it mainly for web graphics, etc. plus it works very well with my Kai's power tools.

Does PSP9 have a lot of good digital photo features?

YES! I've used many different photo editing programs. Now that I've been using PSP-9 the rest just sit there taking up room on my hard drive. lol

Still I agree that each program has at least one thing that it does better than others. That's why I keep some of them.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2005, 8:05 AM   #10

I think a lot of what editing program you use would depend on what you want to do .

If just basic editing of your photo's there are a lot of free programs that offer this.

If doing more graphic things is what your interested in then you would need a little better program where you have filtes and plug-ins.I started out using Elements 2,and now use Adobe photoshop 7,it was and still is more complicated than Elements,so I'm still trying to learn.

This probably doesn't answer your question,like I said it's just a matter of what you want to do

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote