Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 22, 2005, 2:45 AM   #1

I love this camera but found some deficiencies both in the firmware & the software EasyShare 5.0.And would like Kodak to fix / improve them in their next releases.

Anybody has ideas how to submit bugs / requests to Kodak?

Kodak Support Website is useless. It does not allow one to submit any info, other than linking you to an IDIOTIC version of online help, which helps you nothing more than telling you such trivial info as "mother is a woman".

I wish Kodak people will be browsing this forum (their own website should have allowed me to express such comments in the first place).

Firmware:

1. Cannot memorize frequnetly used settings e.g. Flash, ISO, Color Saturation, Sharpness ...etc. I know the "Custom" picture mode could be set, but it introduces one more button press and could miss important shots. My previous Kodak DC280 and several other DC vendors provide such "memorized settings" as a default feature.

2. Need option to turn off the harmful AutoFocus Assist Green Beam - I feel very harmful to children eyes.

EasyShare 5.0 (Early Access).

1. Movies (> 5MB) CANNOT be SaveAs AVI. ES will be hung and need Windows to kill it. For (< 5MB) files, even if it can be saved, the output AVI quality will be extremely poor (much worse than original QT), much "granulized". Remember 5MB means only 10 seconds.

2. Edited Movies (in original QT format, but trimmed away some frames) CANNOT be recognized/read back in V550. It's a pity that the V550 got such large & hi-res LCD but CANNOT be used as an album.

Both ES bugs prevent me from shairng movies (on the V550 LCD itself in QT format, or email to friends in more popular AVI format)

Thanks!

big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2005, 6:51 PM   #2

I don't know the answers to your questions, but we'll keep you bumped to the top till someone can answer them!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 4:31 PM   #3

Like I said I'll keep you bumped up there.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 9:45 PM   #4

Thx in advance!

By solving the 2 Easyshare bugs, as I said, it will really **Easy** for me to **Share** movies with my friends, both physically on the v550's LCD, and by email in the more popular AVI format.
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote