Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 23, 2005, 8:29 AM   #1

I've been wondering how many on the forum use the Kodak DX 7590 ??

I know it is supposed to be the update or (sister) to the 6490.I had the 6490 for a couple months and when I used the zoom it locked up on me and wouldn't go back in no matter what I tried so I took it back to best buy and they didn't have another one,so I got the 7590.The features on it to me are quite a bit different.It seems like when I try to use the settings from the 6490 that some of you post on the 7590 I don't get the same results(probably ME) But it seems like they should be pretty much the same.

Would like to hear some comments.

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2005, 8:48 AM   #2

Sandy I know what you mean, I have the 7590 and have the same problem. When I try the settings posted for the 6490 I don't same results either. Again it could be me, still a novice when it come to photography.

Marilyn
Marilyn_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 9:25 AM   #3

I thought you had the 6490 Marilyn,I know what you mean also a novice.

But your shots are really coming out good

Sandy
Old Jul 23, 2005, 9:50 AM   #4

I use both. I bought a 7590 as a slight upgrade and gave my wife the 6490. I haven't really noticed much difference except that the 7590 has a few more settings. But I didn't use my 6490 much except for run of the mill photos. I always thought they were pretty close in results except the difference in megapixels.

tsims
tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 9:50 AM   #5

if you match the Apatuter, Shutter Speed, WhiteBalance, ISO, EV
Color Mode, Zoom and any addons you should have a very simluar
photo

TechJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 10:40 AM   #6

I checked my setting in aperture modeand here's what I found.

F 2.8-8.0

Flash compensation

0.0-2.0

ISO 80-400

Could not change shutter speed. It would change when I changed F number. So if this isn't write what am I doing wrong?:?

Marilyn
Marilyn_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:36 AM   #7

Thanks Tsims,I will be watching the pictures you post for match-ups on your settings.

I do know the settings are exactaly the same from the 6490 to the 7590.

I find that if doing an action shot if you use the action in the scene modes you can't change your apt,shutter speed or flash from there,So I need to figure how to do action shots using the settings instead of the scene mode,same goes for night shots.

If I'm in-correct in this please advise

Sandy
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:44 AM   #8

You can change any setting you like in Manual mode. Also, the cameramanual lists settings for variousmodes and what can and cannot be changed. Most modes are preset depending on the outcome you desire. Manual modedoes take some time and patience. Taking action shots with manual mode however, would be a challenge.

Also aperture mode let's you set the aperture and the camera setsd the shuuter sopeedd, so you have no control over the shiutter speed in that mode. Shutter mode lets you control the shutter speed, but the camera selects the aperture setting.

tsims

tsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 5:41 PM   #9

Hi Sandy....I too have tried settings others use on their 6490s without success. I use them as guidelines and go up or down from there.Possibly because the light and other conditions are different from place to place?

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 7:03 PM   #10

Bracket, Bracket, Bracket and Bracket some more!!!!! The particular setting I use with my DX6490 and the one you use with your DX7590 are the same but when you use the same ones I use down here in Alabama, just consider them guidelines, nothing more. There are just too many variables involved. Cloudy sky, hazey sky, sunny sky but a different time of day or a different place on the globe, which changes the elevation of the sun even if we are on the same continent. Different filters or one of us ( think Dawg here ) might not clean our lens the same. Different post processing, different camera settings that are not posted, saturation,sharpness, mega pixel choice, How shaky I happen to be. More Icehouse the steadier I get. Like I said a lot of variables. To help with this Bracket the shot by changing the f-stop up and down, the shutter speed up and down and the iso and exposure compensation up and down. Try to pin down from your source the exact kind of filter used if any and all the data you can, then Bracket , Bracket, Bracket and Bracket some more. I't will be a revealing experience for you.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote