Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:05 PM   #11

Do they have Auto-focus only or do they offer manual focus as well? Will the 55mm adapter and filters and lens fit the P880 as well as the P850?? Better yet I'll foot the phone bill and call me and tell me all about it!! Call BR 549 ..... Just kidding!!

D
A
W
G

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:15 PM   #12

With a proffesional printer dock and more reasonable cost on the printer paper I'll need an additional $499.00 Guys. I'll have to have one!!!!!!!

Dawg

Send an additional $499.00 for the other camera as well!!!

If my wife won't let me get these, I think I'll have grounds for Divorce. I can't let 40 years of marriage get between me and these cameras!! LOL
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:19 PM   #13

Dawg...Dawg...Dawg! come back Dawg, walk towards the light, that's right you can do it....oh what the heck, Tonto like to. Tonto gonna have one....ummmmmm, Tonto want.

Thanks Paul, you just screwed up the guys across the pond, LOL.

That is one serious looking camera, everything a person could want.

I wish they would have put the same amount of zoom on the 8 mp one. It hasn't hit the stores yet and somebody is already complaining, lol. I think i'd have to go with the 5 mp one.

Bob

Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:30 PM   #14

Tonto, I've been walking towards the light, but I keep turning around and running towards the cameras!! LOL I'm gonna have one or the other if I have to commit a felony!! Lego my arms WOMAN... LEGO!!! That's my wife trying to calm me down!!! LOL She tried a wet wash cloth on my fevered brow but it caught fire!! Man where were these a few months ago??? Why does it take so long to get these?? The technology is there and has been there for a while. Why haven't they realized we need the additions and bells and whistles for really quality photos???/ Anyway IIIIIII TTTTTHHHIIINNKKK IIII NNNNNEEEEDDDD TTTTOOOO LLLLAAAAYYY DDDOOOOWWWNNN AAAA WWWWHHHIIILLLEEE!!!!!!

Dawg

Old Aug 2, 2005, 1:17 PM   #15

P850 and 880 manuals now online.

P850 manual

P880 manual

Dawg, try to stay calm. You're like a Jack Russel trying to hump a leg. (Hope you don't mind the plain text colours on the main post).

Kodak CX6230, DCS410, DC3200 and DX7440.
Printer dock 6000 and a couple of packs of paper.

Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 1:41 PM   #16

I'll answer a few for you Ed.

When,,,,,When do they come on the market?????????????/

September in the UK, earlier in the US.

When is Steve or You going to do a review???

Steve will have one long before I ever see one.

Are going to buy one and give up the Nikon??? No dust here I presume?

Very tempting as dusty sensors are a real PITA, butI have invested a lot of cash into theD70.

Whine....Whimper....Can anyone here spare $599.00 ?? PLease!!!!!

Same message here, but it's £450 for the P880 + £99 for the flashgun.

They actually put a HOT SHOE on IT. What were they thinking?? Who in their right mind would want to add an extra flash to their camera??? LOL I've got to stop I'm starting to slobber all over my keyboard!! And they are finally offering a n Exterior flash Too!!

$150 to you Dawg.

I wonder when they will offer a bigger tele-lens adapter?? I'd really like to see a 3x or 4x one!!

Walk closer to your target,you lazy bu**er.:lol:

Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 1:50 PM   #17

Thanks Paul for the info...sounds great, I want one too!!!...but please wait till Dawg's on vacation before you post anything exciting .

Down, boy, down.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 3:38 PM   #18

I will have one of them eventually Dawg. Probably the 850 as I don't think i would need more than 5 mp. Also the 850 has more zoom. Coupled with the tcon the 850 would have a focal length of 734.4 versus 646 for the 6490

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 4:56 PM   #19

Hummmmmmmmmm,12x,,,,gotta like that,,,and hey,,what about this new 1.4 times Schneider tele add-on,,,,it`s gotta beat the tcon,,,or will it,,,,,i`m getting a little excited,,kind of,,,,,and it`s about freeking time they brought out IS in the high zoom series,,thanks for getting on the ball kodak...now i want info on that Schneider tele lense.....lol

Oh,,and the p550 adapter is also 55mm so we get to keep using our stuff,,nice,,,,,,now i`ll have 2 tele lenses,,lol

Brian

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 5:18 PM   #20

Oh Dear, there is one in every crowd and it had to be me, sorry but I just cant get excited about these new Kodaks, if I had wanted a camera like these I would have got one long ago in the form of a Canon Powershot Pro 1, a Nikon Coolpix 5700 or Olympus 8080.

DSLR prices are dropping all the time, why Kodak didnt go the extra little bit is beyond me, surely the could have given us something to realy sing and dance about, a DSLR.

Sorry Boys and Girls, I have been using Kodak digital cameras for about four years, I am not that Brand Patriotic, as I have said with DSLRs falling in price all the time that is what Iwill get next, in the meantime I will just have fun using my DX7590s.

Dave
Downunder.
OldShutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote