Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 3, 2005, 7:57 AM   #1

I should have posted this a while back, but forgot about it.
Ifyou are a zooooooooooooooom freak, there is a way to get even more for your 6490/7590, but you will have to use this at full zoom or not at all.

Jimmie (from the Pana forum) made a setup a few years back, using a TCON14 (basic) and a B300 (Basically a TCON-17) stacked on top of each other.

For theKodak you will need a 55>46mm step down ring, a TCON-14, a 58>55mm step down ring, a TCON-17 and some decent glue.

He tested a lot of different combos and felt this was the best max zoom setup for his FZ's (he's owned the lot over the years)

The bonus to this, is you will have a threaded 1.4 teleconverter that you can add your 55mmfilters to.....

Jimmie's page

Maybe I can ruin Dawg's day for a thirdtime tomorrow?
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:07 AM   #2

That's sooooo nice of you to give me indigestion so early in the morning. Why my nexium hasn't even had a chance to work. Where...just where on a bluecollar wage earners paycheck do you expect me to have all this money for these goodies?? I am just now getting off dialup onto a 3mbps cable hook up and having to listen to the wife b---h and complain about the cost of that!!!! You are a miserable a-- for doing this ya know!!! Just kidding. Paul if I wanted to jury rig something I'd use this. At the moment I really do not need this kind of setup. You can only use this if you were wanting to spy on your neighbors. All my neighbors are close relatives and I'm not the peeping tom type. I have a really nice relationship and agreement with my neighbors ergo.... They mind their own buisness or I'll kill them!!!! We've used this policy for 25 years now and I see no reason to start a new one!!!! LOL

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:25 PM   #3

Dawg, congrats on the cable modem, you're gonna think you went to doggie heaven. I know cause I remember when I started on a Commodore 64 and a 300 baud modem...not 300k mind you that was 300 bits...On a good server I can now dl 10megs in under a minute!...Make sure to let the wife know this is a bargain, freeing up the phone line for her and saving the cost of an extra line as well as the cost of aol or whatever isp you may use.

Thanks Paul for stirring up the Dawg once again:-)

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 3:00 PM   #4

Tongue out!! Spit flying..........PHHHHHHHHEW , Dan!!!!! lol

Dawg

Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:22 PM   #5

Ahh cable modem this, cable modem that, you guys are killing me here. 10 meg downloads this, ten meg downloads that....I live in one of the densest populated ares in the midwest and i'm stuck on dial-up,:-x...LOL.

seriously, enjoy Dawg...you lucky $$#%%$%^@.

Bob
Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 1:17 AM   #6

Hey Bob. I've been putting up with 21.6kbps for about 11 years now. I tried a cable connection about 3 years ago but at the time I really couldn't afford it! There is no comparison!! There has been someone sending me software for a while and the last one took 4 hrs. to download. The last time I downloaded Mozilla it was an all night affair. Maybe I'll be able to post more photo's now!! HMMMMM maybe a lot more!!! LOL Fair warning everyone!

Dawg At Lightspeed (for Paul)- ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:46 AM   #7

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
. Maybe I'll be able to post more photo's now!! HMMMMM maybe a lot more!!! LOL Fair warning everyone!
Oh Gawd!
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 9:33 AM   #8

From you, that's just the sort of reaction I expected!! Heh Heh Heh!!!!

Dawg