Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:09 PM   #1

Have any of you tried the Crystalvue? I have a 3x optical on my dx7630, and it really doesn't cut it. My sister's new camera (a panasonic) has a 6x, but I've decided that I want a little more than that. The T-cons only go up to 1.7x (right?) and I've seen a few eagleeyes at 2x. I would like more than this.
So, I've read the reviews (including the one on this site) of the Crystalvue, and it looks like a good enough lens for super-high zoom. I'm just worried (not so much about bad quality, the pictures seem to turn out ok) but about ease of use. Is it something that works with the autofocus of the camera (the external lens setting auto or the regular). Ya... ease of use. Also, if anyone knows, does it *always* stay at 8x magnification, or does it range between 0x and 8x? I didn't gather that from what I read (altho much of this is over my head).

Thanks!
-Will
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2005, 1:04 AM   #2

Will I do not know the specific answers to you question but I will keep you bumped to the top until some one can give you an answer to your question!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 8:55 AM   #3

Bumpity bump bump!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:42 AM   #4

I don't have one but was reading up on it [& the Kenko & EagleEye monoculars] recently and I think it's fixed mag 8x.

I'm not sure but I think it has a sliding barrel focus of some kind - one photo I've seen of it mounted on a 6490 has the barrel extended and I can see 'tick' marks for infinity, 4,2,1.5,1,0.8 & 0.7m [attached - apologies to whoever's this image was originally].

I also noted there's a newer CrystalVue LX model - this looks more like a spotting scope, and has either a T-mount with options for various filter sizes, or plain 55mm [I've seen conflicting info] - and also what seems to be a more conventional focussing ring:

http://www.ckcpower.com/cvlxlens.htm

Hope this helps

IDM
Attached Images

IanMiddy is offline   Reply With Quote