Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 7, 2005, 6:48 PM   #1

I am tring to update the firmware on a DX7590. On kodaks site it said to install memory card and "select upgrade". I must not be doing something right bvecause I see no "select upgrade" HELP!!! please be paitent I ama newbie!!:?
rahzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2005, 10:09 PM   #2

I don't know but lets bump you up until someone answers your question.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:41 PM   #3

Ok first, are you using windows or mac? There are 3 different methods for updating firmware. Method 1 and 2 do not use a memory card so I'm assuming you tried method 3?...theres a lot of steps to follow and I strongly suggest you print out the installation procedure before you begin, then cross them out one at a time . Please understand I'm Not trying to make you sound simple but the page contains lots of info and its easy to go to the wrong line.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:54 PM   #4

Create a new file on your card and name it "system", then unzip the file you downloaded andplaceit in the folder. When you putthe cardin your camera and turn it on a menu should ask you if you want to upgrade. Once it's finished delete the file and turn off your camera, put it back on and it should be upgraded. It worked for me and im a newbie. Good luck.
gaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 7:19 PM   #5

Dawg, Thanks for the bump.

Dan & Gaboo, Thanks for the replies I downloaded the file and unzipped it. I put the

card in the camera and turn it on, but no menus pop up. Maybe I did not download it

right?

Dave
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:11 PM   #6

I tried downloading the update again same results, no update menu when I put the card in the camera. I tried the method using the easyshare software. Its said to click on tools in the easyshare then click sync and transfer manager. Well I click on tools

but thereis no sync transfer mabager. What am I doimg wrong????
Old Aug 11, 2005, 4:01 AM   #7

Have a look at the earlier post at http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=18
Robstreats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:56 PM   #8

Why are you putting the card in?

Using EASYSHARE Software Version 5 to update your Camera's firmware.
  1. Connect and turn on your camera. Remove the memory card.You must use a USB cable to connect the camera to your computer. [/*]
  2. Open the EASYSHARE software. [/*]
  3. Choose "Tools" then select "Sync and Transfer Manager". [/*]
  4. Select the device from the list in the left column and then click the Device Info tab. Note. If your camera does not appear in the list it is likely that your camera does not support this firmware update method. Please refer to the section on "Memory Card Reader method". [/*]
  5. Click "Update Firmware". In the Open dialog box, navigate to the directory where the firmware was downloaded. Select the firmware file and click Open. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update. [/*]
  6. Click OK. Turn off the camera and disconnect the camera from the USB cable. [/*]
  7. Follow the steps in "Completing the Firmware Upgrade of Your Camera".
[/*]
You must remove the card in step 1....you don't replace it til you're done

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote