Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:25 PM   #1

I was looking at lenses at B&H and I ran across this.http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

It's a Canon 2.4 teleconverter. It has 52 mm threads on the back. It would make the focal length at full 10x 912 instead of646 mm for our TCON's at 10X. Don't know if a step down ring would hold the lens or not. Anybody looked at this yet?

Bob

p.s. I can already hear the groans from across the pond...sorry, Paul. Dawg will be hard to live with now, LOL.

Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:14 PM   #2

Now look what ya started Bob...tsk...tsk....lol
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:45 PM   #3

I knew i would start something, Wag. Paul will be making a voodoo doll of me and start sticking pins in it, LOL.

Bob
Old Aug 8, 2005, 11:26 PM   #4

That would only be natural for a Cherokee anyway Bob. Needles sticking in you, That is. I really can't see me going that way. The lens that is, not the needles, Although I will remember it. The 52mm step doen would not be the way I'd go. Too much vignetting at lower zooms. As far as making it fit, that's what duct tape is for ain't it??? LOL I get a chuckle just imagining Paul crouched over a Cherokee Barbie!!!!! LOLOLOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 1:10 PM   #5

Cool, Bob and its almost 3 oz lighter than the Tcon

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 1:55 PM   #6

I looked at this a while ago and asked if anyone had used it on Pauls Easysharers forum, but got no replies.

Searched the other forums here and came across this post - see the comment re the rear element size - bearing in mind the TCON rear elements about as big as it can be, light transmission might be dissapointing...

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...hlight=tc-dc52

...but I too would really like to know for sure - but as it's 10%+ more expensive than the TCON in the UK need to find a store that has it to 'try before I buy', and not managed yet !

IDM
IanMiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 2:15 PM   #7

Ianits a real shameyou fellas have to pay so much...B+H actually sells it for $3 less than the Tcon over here

Dan
dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 4:14 PM   #8

Remembered a link I had for someone who ran some 'informal' tests on the lens - the results for edge & corner performance are what have kept me interested and looking for a local dealer...

http://www.pbase.com/michob

IDM
IanMiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 8:39 PM   #9

Thanks for the info, Ian.I appreciate your sharing. I wish I lived close to a real camera store, so I could try it out. Everytime I go into my local store they run down Kodak and say buy a Nikon and throw away yours......last time I told the guy with the money i saved by buying Kodak instead of Nikon,I could buy another Kodak and that would give me about 5 times the camera. I don't think I'm welcome in the store anymore, LOL.

Bob

Old Aug 9, 2005, 11:39 PM   #10

He didn't know how close he was to getting scalped Bob. The warrior is always close to the surface. Way to go!!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote